Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Step 3 computer failures and the decision -
bb

Is this a dream or what? I am so angry that this happened to anyone. Not in America! You all seem so passive about the whole issue and noone seems to recognize their rights here. This is something that was totally beyond your control and it should have been checked out by the prometric testing center. That is their obligation and not yours. Even if we assume they were not in any way aware of the glitch before it occured, then they should take responsibility for it and assure that appropriate action is taken to ensure that the examinee is not at any form of disadvantage due to this. Someone needs to step up and talk to an attorney.
Ciao.
comp

I am really glad to see your message "BB". It is real. It happened to several people. Prometric centers and FSMB is not focusing on this. Do you mind to come front and fight for us?. I am sure you won't answer for this. So the prometric center and FSMB are also in the same situation. The system is like that. We can not change it.
Chante'des

Dear Comp,

Thanks so much for all the advice and that was really nice for you to offer to pay for my next exam fee but I pray to God that this is my last and final time that I take it. I have not started studying yet because I am not prepared mentally but I do definitely plan to start on next Wednesday. I am taking a mental break right now and giving myself pep talks so that when I start I will be ready and I am going to go at it for 6 wks just as you said. I agree with you about studying at home but I have been offered by a friend of mine who is an internal medicine physician to stay in her basement apartment which is located 2 hrs from my house (she is in another city and I will be away from my daughter and family). Do you think I should do this so that I am not distracted? I would love to get up and go to the library everyday for 5 or 6 hrs but some of the libraries open later or close earlier since it is the summer. I will definitely put in 5 to 6 or more hrs a day for 6 wks and I will do what you have told me because I value your opinion and you have been successful with this exam. What about the CSS? How do you prepare for those. Do you recommend me enrolling in USMLE World.com to get those 76 CSS cases and doing those. Thank you so much for your help. I appreciate it so much. By the way, could you please tell me what is your specialty?
Please let me know what you think about the opportunity my internist friend has offered me. Take care.
COMP

Dear Friend:

I won't recommend you to drive 5 hrs. If You think You can do at home not thinking about your daughter and family you can do it at home. Your determination is more IMP than going and studying in a new place. I thought a library is close to your home.

I thought you already gussed about my speciality. If not
" I finished general Psychiatry and planning to start Fellowship" soon.

Good luck.
Chante'des

Dear Comp,

Thanks so much for all your help. I sincerely appreciate your feedback and advice since you have passed this exam and you know what it takes so I give you a lot of credit. Also, thanks for sharing your specialty with me. I appreciate that. I am glad to know that you are starting a fellowship but I must have misunderstood you since I thought that you were looking to finish your residency.

Well. I decided that I will be starting my studies on tomorrow. My daughter has finished school today and I will be putting her in a summer camp which will be starting tomorrow so I will be hitting my books hard. I will take your advice and stay here in town but I will be going to the library everyday as you stated and I am going to see how it goes for a week here. If it does not work, then I will proceed to my friend who is an internist but she lives only 2 hrs. away (this is plan B).

See I have to work out these little things out mentally because I have been so hurt and discouraged. I promise to do as you told me and I will write you tomorrow and let you know how my studies are going as you asked me. Thanks for everything.

By the way, I have applied for licensure and am interviewing for a private practice position. Things are looking well in that regards. People are very interested in me but I just have to pass this exam. Thanks for everything and have a good day. By the way, if you want to talk to me more in detail you can always e-mail me, if you'd like.

Otherwise, I am grateful to you. Have a good day.
comp

Good job Chantede! Keep it up. When ever you feel in low mood, think about be. I am sure you will pass this time. I will talk to ou later.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »