Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disappointed US Citizens/GC holders -
enough is enough

oh, come on.... the question should not be about citizenship or green card or whatever... residency is a training program and the choice among the candidates should be based entirely on merit... in fact, the system is biased against fmgs and not for them. extraordinary foreign trained physicians are not accepted into prime residencies. those citizens who are complaining are probably themselves foreign graduates (am i right?) and they should ask themselves why they decided to join foreign medical schools instead of american universities... the answer to this question will itself put their capacity into question.... people should be judged by the strength of their competence and not by their citizenship or passport stamps... we live in a global community so learn to compete rather than complain.. this will do you good.
jj

In order to be a green card holder, you had to be a foreign national, so why foreign nationals with green card discriminate FMG who seek H1 or J1? WHAT A STUPIDITY
friend

welcome to real world guys.....the fact is its all biased if not good scores, contacts, if not contacts something else,,, so dont give me the crap that all H 1 are given to only 99% canddates,,,there are many H1 with 75% average,, i have seen it and gone thru it alll.
ok now this is real worl d so find a place somehow for yourself,,,i am sure there is place for everyone somewhere in this entire planet...
good luck and take care
Lola

I talk from experience, FMG do the their residency here and NEVER leave.Of the 12 FMG I know only one returned to her native country after trying for 10 months to stay. They come sheaching for the american dream they see in the movies. This is in USA because in places like Argentina, the goverment doen't let foreigners work.
Alex

Just little statistics. I am a FMG. When I was applying for a residency position I sent about 500 applications. I got 8 interviews and 2 offers. American grads in my program were sending about 18 - 20 applications, getting 15 -18 interviews. Nobody among them had any problems finding a residency position. The only concern was about geting into a program of their choice.

I do not believe there is any FMGs preference over American grads.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »