Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
western pennsylvania hospital - doc9997
no issues at all zxcvbnm...
But my info is also based on insiders inputs only! good if it can help you or anyone.. I would be more than happy abt it!
goodluck to you tooSmile
hmmm...you have insider info from the jounalists and newspapers?...lol

From my research I believe that its a financially sound program...actually I believe its doing well financially, which was further proven by my visit there. I asked many physicians in Pennsylvania about this, so I guess we have differing "insider info"...lol
So I have to completely disagree with you. Either way, its an excellent residency program

Anyhow, I wish you luck...
Well , we need to be careful sts when reading the posts here, put ?????? to what you read here guys
PEOPLE MIGHT MISLEAD US UNKNOWINGLY, SO PLEASE LET'S ADD OUR OWN JUDMENT TO WHAT WE READ HERE.
GOOD LUCK
I agree that everyone should always exercise their own judgement at all times ! Hopefully we all did so while creating our rank order list. But now the lists have been submitted...the "match" is essentially over, so theres no foulplay going on anymore.....All we can do is wait and hope for the best!

Yeah thats what I said..earlier... Nobody's going to lose or gain anything just that all are pitching in their bit in the discussion... may suit few and may be disturbing to others..

and insiders info from journalists and posts well I don;t think if you did post names of the so called doctors here who confirmed sound financial status of west penn allegheny system... for any authenticity check? Neither I'm interested in that! I'm certainly NOT amused by your specific comments on my posts.. What was so funny about my posts ? "lol" is that a cliche? was that appropriate here?
anyways thanks for your discussions take care
I still stand by my info. Either way its an excellent program so lets just leave it that. You can have your opinion, though I think its not grounded.
It thought it was amusing because the link you posted was the same source that I used that totally contraindicated your info.....the same source talks about the large profit of West Penn,...so that was funny in my opinion. I also always find it amusing when people talk about hearing things from "insiders"...I usually don't believe such nonsense.

Anyhow lets just drop it. Its an excellent program with great fellowships and solid teaching, and being a clinical campus of Temple University is great as well.

Pubmed- lets not take any offense. You are entitled to your opinion, as I am mine.

Again, good luck to everyone. Lets try and keep a positive attitude till match day!
I interviewed at West Penn Hospital in Pittsburgh. I don't know the intricacies of their financial status, but I can say its really good IM program, and the hospital was really nice (the library was also spectacular!). They also have really nice cath labs and are using the "Da Vinci" robot for things as well. Alot of fellowships available, and most grads go onto specialize. Over half the residents are amgs (mostly from Temple), some DOs, ...but there are imgs as well.

I ranked it high.

Good Luck!

i didnt iv there myself, but know friends who are attendings at agh and fellowships aren't doubleing, they're combining the programs which means lesser seats really, so they already did for gi i know, and instead of having separate programs with say 2-3 fellow/yr, now it has gone to 4 total (from both hosp)/yr, so i dont know aoubt cardio/pulm/heme/onc, etc.. but i mean veruss upmc as other healthcare system in pittsburgh which a lot of amgs' obv join, regardless, dont know exactly about wpahs financial setings, just thought maybe this would give some insight on the fellowhsips prospective for you guys, good luck!
Thanks for the info...that actually makes sense. I'm wondering where the main site of fellowship will be though: for instance, West Penn has cardio and interventional cardio, ..and so does AGH. They both have very large cardiovascular institutes, so I'm wondering how that'll work. Anyhow if I match there I'll find out....I know that GI and Nephro have merged, but I have a feeling that the Cardio and Hemo/Onc may stay as 2 different fellowships......
Anyhow most programs only have 1 fellowship per specialty so thats pretty sweet in itself (i guess its too good to be true to have two inhouse fellowships in the same specialty,...though I think that may happen for Cardio and HEmo/Onc since they have long established individual cardio and cancer institutes). I guess I'll learn more about this if I go there, but its still nice to have so many fellowships available.

Thanks again for the input!
Good luck on the 16th!

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »