Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To all moms who matched!! - sri
Try www.greataupair.com for nannies and au pairs not part of an agency.
thanks ag for your valuable input, for a 3+ kid, i agree with u preschool is fun, but for my girl who'll be 2 when i join residency i want to try a nanny till she is 3 and then put her in preschool with day care. I'm not scared of their colds, what i'm scared of is that i won't be able to stay at home to treat her when she has fever or bad cold, that is what i'm really scared of day care, what if i can't take off when my baby is sick. i'll try the website u have mentioned, thanks so much for throwing some light.
to 1999, i agree with u 9 years after graduation and residency is a scary scenario, but remember its not impossible. If that is what u want, just put your mind into it and go for it, but be prepared, u'll have a tough road and some bad experiences. so carefully move your cards, for e.g. when u start to prepare for exams, aim for high score, really high, 90+ and make your cv attractive with some research or observership or externship. I totally agree it is easily said than done, but people have done externship, observership etc, so just try, keep trying. good luck
Hi All,

I guess we all in a same boat...My sun will turn 2 by the time i'll start residency.My mother is coming to help in this.I plan to have part time nanny too.
My only problem is going away from my kid....U can say "separation anxiety"(but it's mother who is having this) .....Smile
I did hired nanny when i was preparing for my exam for 3 months but no doubt that was the toughest part of my exam!
I wonder how you guys are dealing with this all?

good luck to all of us and looooots of looooooove to our little ones!
what about all the dads??
hi sri,
are you a us citizen/perm resident or moved from ur home country,if from the latter kindly tell me at what stage you brought your baby and how are you managing,is on site child care an important consideration in applying?
hi maggie,
i came to US after marriage and planned for family since i thought (views differ) being pregnant and having a small baby does not go well with residency. so when i was pregnant and when she was a baby i took the exams and participated in this match. so when i start my residency in june, my daughter will be two. Initially i thought i'll apply only in chicago, won't leave my hub and baby, but after 2 years break, i decided sooner i start residency anywhere its better for me. so i applied to east coast also. So if u can manage child care, the way we are struggling to find one, if u think u can do it, i would suggest u not to limit yourself in applying. if u are lucky u'll get in your place itself, good luck.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »