Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have USMLE Scores lost its relevance? - doctorsrk
alexandra,

I appreciate your candor. Thanks.

docespy
I understand they score higher cause in their medical school they are exercising usmle type of questions on each exam they take.
the problem with many of them is that they re not highly motivated,IMG that want to succede here ,are all highly motivated,otherwise their presence here won t be justified.
Indeed i think that overall they score higher than img,and is normal to be acepted into a program ahead of us...
The problem is that scores basically represent nothing but a threshold...
tells nothin about personality,motivation and so on.
And here comes the PD role...
if he is lookin for eficiency he ll hire people that you can work with easily,with top credentials.
if he s crazy enough he will risk and hire people that impresses him,people that make his 6th sense react when he sees them...but this is somethin rare...so dont count on it.
Guys is pure competition...will be winners and unfortunately loosers,but...they say there s a place for everybody.

Monasharma go here. I posted my creds and int
http://www.usmleforum.com/forum/message.php?id=63195

SOME ONE CAN SHARE EXPERENCE OF NEW YORK METROPOLITAN HOSPITAL
yes,usce will giv u a upper hand.but wher do imgs get usce from?especially with programs asking for 'hands-on' clinical experience?this is a dilemma fr ppl with visa issues.a img's trip wil combine the purposes of giving exams,applicn.interviewing.how does one go arnd n get usce. i hav begun to feel that asking fr usce is just oneway of saying 'stay-out'imgs.
XY is absolutely right. There should be mutual respect for each other.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »