Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Offered a prematch - sliced
@sliced. Thats ok. I understand. But can u tell which specialization if u feel comfortable..
letting them know you are interested but without talking about prematch sounds very generic and everyone will do that. like someone said before writing to them politely and be light on prematch sounds totally OK. It depends from program to program and couple of PDs where i interviewed ask me to keep them in the loop if i have been given a prematch somewhere. so if the program is interested in you and interview went well, discussing about prematch is fine.

Good luck and do which ever you are comfortable with. Glad you got a spot though.
tell them in a professional way that u are very interested in their program, u have been offered a prematch from X program but u are more interested in their program and want to know if they would be interested in you. a few of my friends have done this and its been fine! so dont worry and go ahead and since u will probably accept the prematch that u have been offered if the other programs say no who cares you will not be working with them. Anyways hope this helps. tc. GL.
@sliced. There is no problem at all in informing another pgm tht you hav a prematch. I was first offered a prematch by an institute tht was around 7th on my list. I sent a mail to my top 3 programs saying tht I am in a dilemma becoz though The program is really good I feel your program better suits me etc etc... My top choice pgm informed me they are not giving out any prematches this year. My second choice gave me a prematch.

I think you should just take the initiative... As for me.. if i had decided not to send that mail I would have accepted a position at the 7th choice..
@sliced if you dont mind can you please tell your creds. Im not applying this year but I am just curious.
chiasma is correct.. Call/email the other programs and let them kno wthat u were offered a PM at another program, but very interested in their one. and see..if they are PM programs and offer u a PM, take it..

if they are PM programs, and say that, you are on top of our list for match or something..i would say DONT believe..and take the PM u have in hand..

if they are big Uni program and say we r going to rank you..its your choice now..
but, if I wud be in your position..i wud have taken the one i have in my hand..

all the Best
My advice is to e-mail the other programs that offer pre match and let them know about your prematch offer and tell them you are interested in their program even now.

Tell them I have 1 week time, please let me know about your decision with in this period so that I can decide.

Enjoy.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »