Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DO i stand any chance? - diaali1984
my YOG is 2009 .NO green cardP:-((
In that case what I will suggest, get into some observership or Research program important thing is that get into a hospital who consider known people not to big name where they dont care about u working or not as they have there own set of filters.
Failing CS will not look good on your application, although your Step 1 and Step 2 scores are competitive for many OB GYN programs.

You need about 1month - 6month USCE in order to be able to apply to many programs in OB GYN.
You also should be prepared to explain your unsuccessful attempt at CS.
Try to have ALL your LOR from US it carries more weight.
This is what I wrote in my SOP to explain my CS attempt.

"Following a good performance on both step 1 and clinical knowledge part of USMLE in short time span while handling two jobs to fund my USMLE expenses, a failure in clinical skills exams on first attempt was highly unexpected. On careful review of my performance I realised that I did not lack the necessary knowledge or respect towards patients, but failed to express it in culturally appropriate manner in the USA. This understanding that cultural issues in clinical care assume equal importance as knowledge and compassion, made me grow further as a clinician ."

In interviews they still asked me, and I was able to explain well. I could bring to their notice that there has been sudden surge in CS failure in recent times, and I also brought to their notice how methodically I analyzed my failure, got in touch with others like me with excellent scores but CS attempts, how we reenacted all our patient encounters and found out where we may have made mistakes, we corrected them ad we all passed... " The statement I used was.." Just because I think something is correct does not mean I can overlook patients expectations from me. A good DP relationship is of therapeutic importance, and therfore must be respected." That way I was able to convey that I did not do anything grossly wrong, but through failure I learned to respect patient expectations, even if they contradict to something which is intellectually perfect.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »