Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
observerships and externships....to response,other - indianocean
i interviewed at Moses Cone Hospital..its a good place to do residency..residents were happy n friendly....i was surprised to see a candidate during my interview who was doing Observership at Moses Cone...the candidate told us that she lived in NC n she had her interview a week b4 my interview n PD offered her Observership..which im sure she must have asked for it..just like we ask for second look..so i think its possible to do observership in NC..dunno abt rest of the places...i think if one wants to do observership so bad n if u r willing to spend so much money to stay at a place for a month or so without having any other job then one should go for externship or subinternship which is hands on USCE...good luck
can someone clear the difference between externship and subinternship for me please? According to eagle's post, it seems for me that subintership can hands on a patient most, if you can do such as taking patient's history, writing a patient note, some simple examinations, what can this be called (externship? or subinternship?)? in comparison, observership gives you least experience but better than nothing.
match doctor

how do we go about applying for obs or extn/ship
do we have to call them .... or visit their website and search...
also
what is second look...do ask them to interview you again...or just have another visit of the hospital...what is it please tell me
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »