Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pathology residency for an IMG pathologist - trojanraggy
I believe you have what it takes to be successful in USA. You seem to be a confident, passionate, positive, honest person with a good common sense which are factors greatly admired in the state.......I have matched against all odds because I have the same positivity and passion for not giving up on my field of choice.....if you don't get panicked by the forum feedback of how tough each step is, I would suggest you give cs first.....for me it was quite easy. if you have pleasant manners, good spoken english and compassionate nature you can safely get it over with in 2-3 month prep time. You will need a partner to study and practice with......for the future, best of luck....never give up on your dream, it really is worth all the hard work Smile
@Jagriti... Hi mam! I am delighted to have found you. Being an Indian pathologist who matched for pathology residency in US, you are the exactly the person I wanna be 3 years from now Big Grin

I have a lot of queries. As you know, not many Indians are interested in pathology from the start. Even I took it as it was the only available option (from an average college). But slowly and steadily, I fell in love with it Smile

All my friends and seniors in US have matched for IM/Peds/Psych/FM. They do not have any idea regarding pathology match. I wanted to interact with an Indian resident in pathology. And the fact that you have done your MD Pathology from India would help me learn the pros and cons of applying with experience. Could you please ping me on anuraraggy. I would be really grateful
mqway and noropeds... Thanks a lot for your valuable suggestions! I would definitely try to get as much US experience as possible. Thats why I want to apply for 2017 match rather than 2016 match. I certainly do not consider step 1 exam easy. I understand itz a different bowl game altogether in comparison to Indian PG exams. I am also aware that there are different set of problems for every other individual. I certainly am an overconfident person. Big Grin I posted here to get some conflicting views, those that will check my over confidence Tongue

I will set a time frame for me for sure. I guess if I won't, my prep will go haywire!

I will plan my CS and visa in advance...That was a very useful suggestion Smile
@Slownsteady... You won the race Smile Congratulations!
Thanks for the inspiration! Smile
fordp... I'll note it down. And thanks Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »