Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
J1 letter of need - docraghu
docraghu, the written assurence in the prescribed form is the correct one ( thats on the link above) you need to do some grammer and formate correction ( there is no place to write fathers name on the format Smile
you also need to send a hand written letter asking them to issue letter of need.
and a copy of your passport, and offer letter.

yes, you can send some one else on your behalf to get the letter for you, as long as you have all the paper works done correctly.
do we need to send copy of CV also for letter of need? is it essential?
thanx
hi
yes, u need to send ur cv also called biodata which should include ur contact information and ur medical education history(MBBS for India)with year of graduation, medical school details and work experience if any.
hi
the requirements for LON from India indicates
A Copy of the Contract with the Hospital/Institute on the standard Agreement Form with a letter from the Program Director on the official letterhead with seal and contact telephone number.

my question is should we take a seperate letter from the Program Director apart from the contract?
If so, what should be the content of the letter?
is it- the candidate would pursue his internal medicine residency in ---------program commencing from --------- for a period of-----yrs and has matched into the same via NRMP match. The contract has been enclosed along with the letter.

Please clarify on the same and also contribute to the letter if there is anything else to be mentioned
rx, you dont need a CV.

docraghu, i wonder where you are getting these information from??? do you really know some one who went with these things.....??? coz i didnt, and things worked just fine. you neither need a CV, nor a sealed letter from the program ( you can carry your degree certificate, just in case.... not mandatory). more over.... they dont even ask for the original offer letter or contract letter.......... you only need a copy of either one ( and for sure a photocopy cannot be or need not be in a sealed envelop). you might want to check on your information sources once again. THE BEST IS TO CALL DELHI... 01191-11-2306 1945.
ya we need to call mr narendra kumar at the no given above or we cud call mr. j p singh at 011 91 23061945.thanku stillresidency2006.can u tell me about the visa appointment.they dnt have n appointment in may or june in india .how difficult is it to get an emergency appointment.
hey roni, i would appreciate if u can give me some information on emergency visa appointment.... how do we do it, whats the procedure??? i checked on the site, the earlist date available is 30th aug. what r u guys doing??? any link that can help???
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »