Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Psychiatry vs Neurology - gardening
psych generally makes more than FM & peds but not IM and definitely not neurology. psychiatrists might make more than internists that are new in private practice but they dont make more than hospitalists and definitely not more than internists that go on to specialize.
In terms of prestige, IM & even FM are more prestigious than psych
agree....it was just i interviewed at a very very top program and was thinking training there might get me better psyc job opportunities and much higher pay than general psychiatrists
Mgma 2010 salaries (mean value):
Neurology $268,526
Psychiatry $206,482

Psychiatrists generally work fever hours though.
R u really comparing these too based on Salary??!!!
DUDE!!! there is a HUGE DIFFERENCE in Practice between Psych and Neurology !!!!
Those who are made to do psych have extraordinary power of patience and tolerance.. and those don't usually hesitate about it ..it's not like any other specialty at all !!! Honestly, if you are really doing this comparsion based on Salary, then you know nothing about what doing psychiatry will feel like..and you should NOT choose it . sorry but that's the truth.
and eventually , people, that's not a huge difference in salary for god sake..it's not like one of them is making 200K and the other 600K!!! Remember there are other things added to the salary ..
@ camella.ben: for me personally salary is not my most important decision making criteria..i know neuro makes a lot more...but for me it's career prospects in field...opportunities and satisfaction...i personally like both neuro and psyc equally.
Ok. good thing you know about both. then at this point if u love them equally I guess u can't go wrong with anyone.. Best of luck!
thanks and goodluck to u as well
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »