Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US clinical experience -
K.

No problem, usmle. Missunderstanding.

The priviledges are purely optional. If you are doing a hard core lab science, you may not be able to get them, however if your program is more clinical/and or applied science, than you can have them. NIH pays the liability insurance and as I said, you are not the decision maker, but it does expose you to the whole system (with the exception of billing--everything is for free for NIH patients).

I do not know, however, if there is such a thing at the universities or other institutions.
Doc

Anyone please give anylink for observership or research work.
usmle

DONT WAIT AYBODY TO GIVE YOU A LINK.. JUST GO TO THE INTERNET, FIND THE SITE OF THE PROGRAM THAT YOU WANT TO WORK WITH, GO ... GO ( AND NOT CALL ) THERE AND ASK THEM IF THEY ARE WELLINGTO ACCEPT YOU ...
THIS IS WHAT IDID.. IF THEY DONT ACCEPT YOU GO TO ANOTHER ONE..
IT WORKED WITH ME AND SHOULD WORK WITH YOU..
GOOD LUCK
K.

Just came across this:

University of Maryland-Internal Medicine Residency

If you are an International Medical Graduate, please note the following requirements. Further information about visas is available on our GME web site.

Valid ECFMG certificate, including successful completion of the
Completion of a minimum of 4 months of active clinical experience in a US or Canadian medical school prior to November. Clinical observerships do not fulfill this requirement. So that we can accurately capture this information, be certain to enter this information in the appropriate areas in ERAS, e.g., under residency/fellowship/work or under volunteer/other work.
Doc

Usmle, can you please tell me where you did it? where I am staying ,the hospitals arround here ,they dont allow it for IMGs. so I might need to move to other state.just I want to know where its easy to get? please reply. Thanks K for ur information.
usmle

i am in Texas, but i think you have to go to the university or the program and ask the m specifically... you don't need to change the state.. idon't think it is easy . plus it doesnot matter if you have GC or citizenship... plus good scores... they will take you into the program even if you don't have LOR..
good luck
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »