Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
failed 3 times -
diya

Sound advice is never well taken! Its always easier to console and say its ok, it happens to everybody. Sure it does, but WHY? Why are there so many people reading the same books as the people who fail it so many times, and the former set of students get 90 plus!! Blaming it on memory and then saying "yeah I dont have a good memory so I dont pass" is the easiest way out. You can then shift the blame from yourself and put it on mother nature not giving you enough memory.
Or you can decide to change.....and understand that GRE, GMAT, Toeffl, any US based exam only tests your sound application of knowledge and NOT Memory. You have to read it several times and understand the matter and apply it. Ofcourse being cool on the day of the exam matters the most, which is difficult for anybody,but sure we can try to be less nervous, which is good enough.
USMLE taker and einstein heart are honestly giving the wrong advice. Take this advice from a person who has scored well!
ankur

the exam has both purely dependent qs and understanding and correlation based qa.Personally,after giving the exam, i feel diya is right .there are a greater no. of understanding qs compared to purely memory based ones.U shoul see the qs they ask u in Delhi PG entrance exam to realise what memory based qs r like!
diya

Thanx ankur! personally I feel this site should have people like you and me....not flattering ourselves here, but just stating that we should see things as they are. Like you said, Indian enterance exams do test memory and intelligence too, you need both to do real well, they ask stastics, percentages, values in subjects like community medicine etc. But these exams are made for people with average memory but those willing to understand the system and the whole purpose of the exam. Sure, this exam doesnt make you a good doctor, but it surely certifies that you are a person with sound knowledge of the subject.
So if one is failing, one should realise that the knowledge they have at present is a lil shaky and should be improvised on, and can be!
Gia

Hi everybody , my mood is definetivly improved - and for everybody out there who has failed to: - don' t give up -
I got out last night from my shift at the clinic our whole team did a pretty good job- and one of my papers got acepted-
so guys and girls - I am going to bite the bullet and will go in for another round with the boards because in the end : this is the best job you can have - Thanks everybody for the advice
adam

i got 99 in step 1.my advice would beKAPLAN except micro biology which i studied from MICRO MADE RIDICULOUSLY SIMPLE plus i also studied GILJAN for patho.dont forget to study first aid.stick to these books and you will score really good.good luck.
SAJA - Saja52258

There is a great course in Champaigne, Ill called the Pass Program. It is run by a guy named Dr. Francis and he is a wonderful teacher. If you give him 4 to 6 weeks he can help you bring your score up by at least 20 points. He will teach you how to understand the concepts rather than memorize.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »