Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i got a 99 -
usmle

i agree with you xyz,

the way you studied is excellent.... guys, study, do questions, then study again and do questions...

the school is important in preparing its student for the USMLE, that is why we, i mean IMG , are not prepared, not becuase we lack knowledge, but we don't know how to study for this exam, as somebody USG...
Best of luck to all of you and me!!! i have my exams within days !!!
clue

Congrats to you!

What does mcqs and BSS mean?
Thx
xyz

mcqs = multiple choice questions
bss = board simulator series
Humble man

Hey YMCA guy, modesty is not your best quality.
I come from an average medical school in a latin country, average student but I got 99 also, 2 years ago, and not because my school was the best. IMG like you really su..
rett

Hi humble man, can u explain ur study preparations?
hm.md

Back to 2 years ago...

After 3 years of my graduation and working in US I took the decision to start my preparation. I stop working and started to study 8 to 10 hours-14 the most/day for 4 months exactly. I think nobody can give you a formula to pass the steps but I studied this way...

When I started studying a subject I had to do a very rapid look on First Aid first, according to the subject I wanted to read, just to get focus on important topics through my studying. I liked a lot the notes from kaplan, they cover most important points and you will be sure that you reviewed everyhting you needed to do. Don't burn yourself reading many books, stick to the one you have, your First Aid and Lot of questions after each chapter.

Then the second review on the first Aid, memorize it! I mean it! I am not sure how is it now but by my time it was really helpful.

And the Third review of FA (you got to do this, review all topics in last weeks before the exam. The questions will take you back to review again and again the subjects.
I recomend to do everything 3 times and don't take so long in every subject, I did also lot of MCQ 2 months before, to get used to the exam. Try to get the Q-bank, make your simulated random tests and try to sit in front of your computer for 8 hours, "training is the key" it will help you to be ready for the exam and you wont be nervous by that day.

Well guys, back to my stuff, long way back to the steps, it seems hard but get into the residence and you wont even remember what it was.

Good Luck to all of you on your steps...Go for it guys!

Algo bueno para mi gente latina: se necesita medicos hispano hablantes en este pais!

And please guys... never loose your humility, it make us be better persons.
rett

Thanks hm.md--all the best for your results
jy

Is there a better month to take the exam then others. And is the exam averaged with other students during each particular month or some other manner.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »