Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
please help - meusmle
Hey, meusmle....let me know how u do in CD.
Sure hsar!

we will be in touch

HI friend,
thanks for telling me to go for that kaplan USMLE full length test !.....it was so tiring.....and now i am prepare to face that.........but i got exhausted at last two blocks and surprisingly my best performance was in last block !!!............so my cumulative score for this exam is 61% with more than 61% in everything except worst performance was in gynec...which was 55%, so now i need to focus more on that.........so now mentally strong for exam on 19th April.........

meusmle and hsar pl. be in touch !

Thanks ton.....and tell something about my score of 61 %.....and how should i go now !
NORWAK:
I guess all 3 of us in the same boat. After I took my Kaplan simulated, I took a week to re-revise the weak topics only.
Then I took NBME yesterday...I came out with 500 score with lower performance in OB/Gyn & Psychiatry (my previous strong subjects but haven't revised them for more than a month, now). ALso Blood disorders, Mental Disorders & Musculoskeletal, skin & CT are weak.......these I have re-re-revised, but still........!

I think I will go ahead with my April 18 date. I am planning to re-do these last 3 topics today and tomorrow and then start my final revision on SUnday.

Hey, MEUSMLE:
How did your ECFMG cd go?

What do u think Mental Disorders consist? Just Dementias? Because there is a separate category of Disease of Nervous System, in which I did fine.
hey hsar....i am not planning to take NBME.....as rather now i'll spend more time in revising stuff ...........is it fine ...or is it must to take ?....i mean is that very different than kaplan simulated ?......how was the difficulty level than kaplan simulated ?.....

cause you know what....now by taking one more test i dont want to get depressed unnecessorily before few days of exam....rather i think i should continue with my notes of UW and Kaplan books finally !

any coments?

I totally understand what u r saying....like I mentioned earlier, NBME scares me and I didn't take it for step 1 'cos I didn't want to get discouraged and I had already decided that I will take the test on the scheduled date no matter what.

NBME is not a must. Its difficulty level is definitely more than Kap sim. But u know best. Do what your gut says. I did NBME just to know how I was doing in my weak subjects and also because I was open to post-poning my exam. I was actually planning to do ECFMG cd insead of NBME, but just spur of the moment decided on NBME.

You should have a fair idea of what topics u r weak in after Kap sim. Stress on them.
Our hard work will definitely bear fruit.
Hey guys,

Good score !
Well i will take the ECFMG CD sometime soon
like norwalk i too am revising stuff again, kaplan notes and UW.
There is lots to be done, but will take the CD and probably one more of the simulated tests
in a few days ----thats for the speed----lenghty questions take a lot of time

ya we all have worked hard and hopefully will get good results

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »