Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
exam experience in short.... - rifampin
thanks alot rifampin for sharing ur expereince
can u pls also share wht books u followed ?
wht other sources did u use for ur preparation
thanks
rifampin, thanks a lot for posting your exp. that was really helpful.

if you dont mind, could you also please post your ccs cases? thank you!
Hi all!
the penile lesion was white patch on glans & as it was tender i guess it was chancroid??haemophylus ducrye!!

ccs were

hypothyroisdism
panick attack
acetaminophen overdose...the mother brings her daughter to office not ER.
intussusception
lung ca
fatigue=iron def anaemia
urethritis
dka

preparation time was so tight.I initially read 3 -4 hrs a day for almost 15 days then last 15 days 8 hrs a day. In fact i had gone through swanson once superficially 2 months back and there was break.I revised the step 2 kaplan books mainly medicine and questions from kaplan q book. Started practising ccs about 20 days back and practiced the ccs softaware well in a week.Went through all ccs cases in UW.Finally used UW few blocks of practice questions(used it as learning tool).Last few days I revised the swanson notes that I had made and the notes I prepared while doing questions and read ccs case again from UW.
That was all about time and materials.
I dont thing there is any book or course that covers everything what is tested in step 3 exam.What I found is 30% is step 2 things, 25% swanson ,UW or watever step 3 prp book u use and rest 45% is all experience !!Specially the clinical experience in the US setting in internal medicine.So guys relax and dont get tensed...whatever materials u have just go through it and you need to do some wise guess in real exam !!!
Wish u good luk!
congrats with you exam, i am still "fighting" with it!!!!!!!!!!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »