Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Complaints about the Interview process - tpoed
Let me share my experience with one of the programs i interviewed recently. I was called for an interview, meaning they had gone thru my CV and know my credentials. My interview with the first person was just great. He was saying ur the kind of resident we would like to have...... My interview with the 2nd person started. He said ur CV says u were doing externship in .......... field, but our selection criteria needs u to have externship in ......... field. I felt like telling him, why the hell did u invite me if ur not satisfied with my credentials. I spent nearly 400 $ for this IV for travel not to mention the delayed flights and loss of sleep.
They care less, about what we go thru.
If everyone is so dissatisfied with the process why do you bother??

ddimer

It's only after you get and go the interview and experience it, that you see what's wrong.

Howelse would I know how rotten and screwed up the process is if I didn't participate?

Do you think it's right that on interview day they conduct morning report in any language other than English?
I think there is too much generalizations happening about the interviewing process.

I think it is awful some of the experiences these docs are going through.

I don't want to believe that all interviews are a horrible. They can't be

And about morning report so I understand...,it was conducted in English and that bothered you???
dont whine? You will also do the same. It is everywhere . USA is no different. Just do your job and pray god for ur luck.

NO ddimer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was NOT, NOT, NOT conducted in English.
That's what bothers me.
I think you guys should list the programs where you found racism. Its very important to bring this into attention as US laws prohibit racism and if someone did treat you guys bad then you must at least notify your peers. We are all in this together.
tpoed,

You seem to have lots of anger maybe you should be proactive and do something.
these kinds of posts are very funny!!! complaining about discrimination at interview! If you want to send a complain to a newspaper or any official institute you also have to prove it! it means that you have to have some documented evidences or witnesses. If you have you difinitly should take them to court, if you don't, try to find some!
someone said that the interviewer shortly after asking about his/her country of origin terminated the interview! so it means that they didn't know that you're an IMG? they didn't check your medical school credential before sending you the interview? and somebody else complained about the questions that the interviewer asked him/her!!! so what do you guys expect from an interview? asking questions that you like and admiring you and your CV?
if you're really concern about discrimination, go back to your home country and ask about your rights there if you dare!
tpoed, if i may intrude............what language was the morning report conducted in??

English is the national language & it should be in English, i think this is an issue to be taken with the Hospital administration.

Thanks & best wishes.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »