Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rn-md - imeln313
Hi ceb and yatra,

You are exactly right.
There are some residents who still ask RN what medicine is better to give to the patient, and I have experienced it myself.
There are units like CVICU where they do not even let residents to write orders, but RNs have lots of autonomy for actions such as lowering BP and correcting PCWP before they even call CV surgeon.
Goljan in his lectures mentioned RN help in time of "code" as well.
Nothing changed guys, and fresh redidents look quite frozen during cardiac arrest.
Do you think MDs who are teachers in redidency do not see that?
Needless to say that RN in this country does about 30% of what MD does in some other countries: admissions, transfers, teaching, assessment, EKG interpretation, resuscitation etc.

Thank you all for you participation in this topic,

Good luck.

dear imeln,

i just told you what my friend had experienced being an rn.She failed one time in one step ,but rest she cleared.she still has not matched.
i agree with what you see but at this point i am telling what program directors said to her when she went for interviews.they asked her if she was that good why didnot she pass her usmle exams and get a visa on that basis as everybody does.half of the img need visa and get it.
they told her that we r here to hire docs not rn so tell us what u did as physician???
still u can conclude what u like,,,,,,,just telling what my friend has been through

good luck
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »