Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
with a 99 in step 1 and 2 but failed in cs. - dr_shafiqmd
even i am for im and im only.same scores as yours in both steps. we do have a chance for next year if we can pass cs, get some usce and give step 3. so dont worry about yr cs exam re-evaluation. just a waste of 55$. no good will come out of it. no way we can find what each sp gave us in evaluation. sad but true.
Shafiqsahab and dear doctors

Failure is not the end...Get the date immediately after registering again. I failed once and passed in 2nd time. Very high requirement for CIS part. So just talk nicely with smile and confidence and that comes with practice only. Learn live practice with your buddies, family members or anyone who is ready to spend few time with you. And let them tell about your mistakes. Talk with grt confidence and smile and prove that you are better than anyone. Failure is not an end. Just stick to computer like a crazy for a week or 2 weeks I am sure that you will definitely beat the time and be able to take your desired date. Only thing matters is how you talk with them. Residency program will teach you to be excellent in medicine skills but nobody can teach you how to talk nicely. I am sure people like me and other from Foreign country they are very good with communication skills but little hard word and shine your self with confidence. I shared these philosophical issues because I failed CS once, and i realized man learns from mistakes. That doesn't mean to wait for mistakes to let it happen. No matters what you ask but surely it matters how you ask and try to help the patient as much you can. And never loose this battle, GOOD LUCK to all who are going to take CS,

One more thing I would like to add that please dont consider them as SPs. They are real human being. So treat them as your real patients. Try to remove this word from your brain "SPs" consider them they are your real patient ( just imagine how would you feel if someone of your dearest is very ill and you are taking history and PE) Politeness, empathy and good decent smile makes hell of difference not just to pass this exam but for rest of whole life. Good luck and I wish all of us get match in near future

They just recently change the passing criteria to pass CIS, i think u have to pass the three component of CIS individually to pass the test, but i am not sure???but if they write to u that u fail in profes.and rapport, so this mean that u have to pass the 3 component of CIS individually to pass the test, this is the anouncment on www.usmle.org, and they said that this will be applied for all result after october8/2008.

[Posted September 25, 2008]

As part of routine reporting, examinees who fail Step 2 CS receive graphical feedback intended to represent relative strengths and weaknesses on subcomponents of the examination. Subcomponents represented in this feedback have included:

Integrated Clinical Encounter (ICE)- Overall
ICE “ Data Gathering
ICE “ Patient Note

Communication and Interpersonal Skills (CIS) “ Overall

Spoken English Proficiency

Starting with Step 2 CS results reported on October 8, 2008, feedback on the CIS subcomponent will be expanded to include three additional categories:

Communication and Interpersonal Skills (CIS) “ Overall

Questioning Skills
Information-sharing Skills
Professional Manner and Rapport

A description of all of the Step 2 CS subcomponents can be found in the USMLE Bulletin of Information
Dr. Shafiq, I think that you should go to usmle.org and check how exam is scored. See how you fared in questioning skills, answering skills and patient rapport. Check how was your introduction, your approach through the encounter, patient comfort during examination, ending is very important . Being a person with such high intellect, I think you would be able to pass the examination with more refined approach. Try to practice with some CS partner and be confidant about it.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »