Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
to petals, nady, mmcdoc, dvr for PA license - docneedhelp
makes sense..... sure would keep in touch. I would also call my pc tmrw and wd let you know if i get some information. talk to u tmrw

good night
hey aksh,

finally what did u write in weeks of academic and clinical instruction??can u please tell me i am also filling out my license application
hey aim2stars....

still confused, did you talk to ur program? what did they suggest?
they said to ask my med school..on my transcript i have weeks for clinical rotations for second , third and fourth year that is total of 142 weeks.

for academic instruction i think we only need to include basic sciences course: i have hours for that on my transcript. i calculated weeks from that and i have around 75 weeks. i dont know if this is right..

did u talk to your program??
Hey guys whats up? I dint get chance to talk to my GME office! Even I'm not very sure of total or basic sciences hours!

aim2stars I also have those clock hours for basic sciences courses..But how did you calculate weeks from them? How many hours did you assign in a week?

What I was trying is finding equivalent hours ( for a week)from the clinical weeks and then correspondingly calculating the weeks for basic sciences clock hours!!! Good at calculations always helps Big Grin Anyways aksh did you get to talk to your PC??

Let me know..
More Questions:

They mentioned certified copy of Diploma- what about Transcript? though common sense says copy only but still is there any catch here??

Page 1. NAme & address of hospitals- dates of previous training- specialty-- Does this ONLY pertain to Post graduate training ??or house job is also referred to hear-- I personally think Post graduate training ONLY - NO other work experience!! Let me know if you guys think otherwise!

Page 2 application- point 1- do you hold or have ever held an unrestricted license, certification or registration to practice medicine/surgery in another jurisdiction!! -- Is this only referring to US or NON US territories like our home countries? [ again by logic/common sense it should be ONLY US- still you never know...] so whats your opinion on this?
i couldnt speak to my pc yet. but are you sure from academic instruction they mean only basic science..... i beg to differ here, academic instruction is class room teaching it should include non clinical subjects as well as clinical subjects.
any input........
Lemme ask few of the current residents in PA if they have any idea ..I did ask a couple ..they were clueless abt it!

will post if I get hold of any important info..
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »