Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prematch offer at Interfaith: What to do now?? - drnishu
nishu, you can bargain with other programs. see if they want to take you. that's perfectly ethical, and evbd does that.

but given your 5 iv, you should take it without any hesitation.

NEVER, NEVER THINK OF GOING TO THE MATCH. you will probably regret it deeply.

i have more than 15 iv, still its so risky these days that i might take a prematch in interfaith (i have iv there in jan, to make sure i exhaust all my possibilities before going there.)
thanks duloxetin, your suggestion means a lot to me.
duloxetin, you are really sly man..
drnishu when did u interviewed there.
@Drnishu: Would you mind sharing the date of your interview with Interfaith? I interviewed there in the 1st week of Nov. but have heard nothing from them. Thank you and good luck.
when was your iv and how long after they send you the prematch email. thank you.
You have fairly reasonable chances of matching based on your scores. Which hospital? Depends on how you did on the interview. If you are thinking that Interfaith will be your 1-3rd choice, take the prematch as you could very well match on your fifth choice.

You can also contact your other programs, and let them know that you are considering taking prematch from Interfaith, but you prefer their program better, if they are willing to give you prematch as well. You might get good response and get a better deal. But only do this if you are thinking of taking the prematch eventually.

This has worked in the past.
Dr Nishu
I would advice to take it.I had 9 IV, I did not manage well setting up IV dates and put my least choice first. Got a prematch and took it. Did not attend any other IV because did not want to regret my choise. Still I feel I did the best thing. Three years go fast and at the end everybody will get the licence and no one will ask you where did you do your residency. If I did not,even with 8 other IV in my hand I would get nothing and regret for all my life.
Anyway it is your life, make a wise decision and do not regret later whatever comes.
GL
a bird in hand is better than 2 in the bush!!!! Go for it!!!!!!!!!
hey drnishue, mind sharing where ur other iv's are? it would help us in determining whether u should take prematch or not?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »