Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prematch for prelim surgery????? - arshia
So as a conclusion....though these positions usually remain unfilled they don't offer them as prematch since they want to keep them for unmatched AMGs.correct??? THIS IS CORRECT MOST OF THE TIMES

Depends on where are you getting your prematch from and also if uou WANT to do surgery ONLY and nothing else
yes I want ONLY to do surgery
Surgery is tough. If you do PGY1 you have to repeat it. The programs that invited you for IV won't call you again for cat. I know some programs that absorb their prelims but that is very remote possiblity. The biggest issue is here how the program that you did prelim will perceive you as candidate, and how strong are they supporting you. If they like you they can secure IV for you. But again, most program will ask you if you are that good why your program did not keep you. In short it is long road not that it is impossible. The programs without exception prefer AMG over you no matter what you are, you are struggling for left over. They will not give you a preference at all. If you do prelim in Mass General or Hopkins or other big names that is different issue. If after doing prelim you apply to family practice FP will not look favorabley at you. They will prefer some one who has FP experience only and is more committed to FP than a failed surgery applicant. Period.
i think i shud admit that ppl are mostly rite!
there are many unfilled prelim of surgery==> mostly (i think all of them for last few yrs..as far as my frnz applied....the same mylsef this yr)...most of those go to AMGs and no matter wht! even those with low scores and on step1 can get it easy! they intentionally keep it unfilled for them for post match and scramble for AMGs period!
i read some post from ppl who had completed prelim and cudnt get in any other program after 1st yr...someone had repeated it fr 2 yrs...yet was seeking for advise and i have no ideas why! coz when u r already in pgy1,,,u shud master the fact behind it and know wht is going on and take the rite road! so how ppl were coming here to ask for pgy2 surgery! i dont know why!
also....there are unfilled slots ofr anesth, derm (prelims).....ppl those slots dont go for fmgs! i dont think so!! if u have extra ordinary cv and good scores.....and money...u may wish to try some ! but not to make too much hope in those.
i put some money in prelim! only one acknowledgment which turned to no where!!! they even dont bother to respond(probably don™t get time.or have already picked up ther candidates) or wht! feel like wasted the money!
One thing I can say for sure!!! If u don™t c those empty slots out there.u don™t get tempted to put money in it!!! And dats a nice business..they make money.and we keep investing.!i cud be wrong, I myself fell in dat trap! am still in the middle of game!..waitng and waiting!for God sake some one shud resopnd! i cud be still in denial! althoug, i have heard fmgs got prelim ivs this yr.....i iwsh they cud give us some feedback! i dont c anyone around! someone said that he got a prematch???i dunnu!
@ john2007 first of all thanks.
would you please say your credentials???
how many GS programs you applied and how many interviews do you have???? you applied only for surgery? or any back up?
any news from prednison???
did he said where he got prematch???it was prelim surgery???
no news ! am still in the mid of no where! keep praying and hoping! numbers to apply shudnt make dat difrnt coz it is mostly for amgs...i was told many times(insiders!). my scores are not to be dat proud of! around 90s+residency back + publications+postdoc and fellowship...which is not too guud coz makes me 9-10yrs grad! Sad it hurts big time! ppl have much higher credit(AMGs with 99! and tons of papers! fresh grad!and honor nd awards...it is easier for them coz they are in the system though)! lets see! wht are ur credit? have u got ivs?
SON: may God help us out! old grad sux big time! Wink...but keep hoping!
prednison? i didnt heard from him...another one got prelim too...i havent heard of anyone. i dunnu.
arshia : so wht r ur credit?
arshia : i forgot to
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »