Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
change 4m J1 research to J1 Clinical for residency - doctorpuneet
I talked to one of the representative there..she said.

I need to send all the documents to them....they will take 4-6 weeks to prepare my application which would be sent to DoS who take 60-90 days. Even if I get my contract in 1 week, I would need 4 months from now to be done with everything. So how do I deal with it. Could you please provide me your email address or your contact number in my email i., I can call u and please discuss this. It would be a really really big help. my email id id puneet_snmc
hey look, all u need is to talk to someone "Elizabeth: at ECFMG... 215 823 2127 "
plz know that ppl at ecfmg dont like to work with complicated cases which is fair..they are not paid for it..u may ask them ur qustion and they are very helpful...but u got to get an attorney and keep moving forward! my frnd dont like to share his info, thanks for understanding. IT TOOK HIM 4-5 MONTHS(if nt more) to get it....i donno why and he was not willing to go in details, finally had to ask the attorney to make it. it is NOT WISE to listen to ppl on forum like myself or my frnd who are not dat expert in visa issues. sometimes it gets tough and that is attorney's job/responsibility to take care of.
my case has no complication foresay. nothing special...exactly as I have mentioned above.
so ecfmg ppl shud be able to help u out...although it is better to as an attorney.
u may google ur case...i just did and came across many posts on other usmle or immig forum with the same qs and explanations. i cant put the link here and got to go...search online with ur specific q and u will see them. gl
hey john, thanks for the information. I have got all the information that ECFMG have. I talked to one of the other representative. they have sent me the details but then as I said...it takes 4-5 months. I did google as u mentioned and have found similar replies but I have not been able to come across anyone who has actually gone thru this..

I also wanted to know if I can choose the other option of going back to the home countryand trying for visa from here...because with 4-5 months time for this program ...not many program might like it.

Could your friend share the details of the immigration company he used. I can contact them and pay them. please help me out john. Thanks in anticipation.

hey I am feaking out now, do we need to get the no obligation letter approved before starting residency??... or we just need to submit it , and the transfer will go on regardless how long does it take??????????
Hi, I know that we need the SON. I am not aware of the rest as of now.
beside the SON there is the waiver of the 2 years ! it is a No obligation letter..OH Jesus,, I am sick and tired of all of this........
well I think that's needed when you do the waiver, I am not doing the waiver I am staying on J1 ...just changing my category from research scholar to physician alien. I do not think i need that. are u applying for the same. do you know anyone who has done this before. could you refer me to a reliable attorney services. thanks
hey as long as you are changing from j1 research you need to get a 2 years waiver letter, because j1 research implements the 2 years home back issue..

I think we need to fet a lawyer as soon as possible....
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »