Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need advice to take review course - shilpa100
Hi usmleearly2016, well I dont know if I can give you a proper advice on this because I havent taken my exam yet (my test is scheduled for November of this year).

It all really depends on your basics. I am Carib med student and I got off the island about 4 months ago. I realized my basics are too weak so I went back to Kaplan. Since you are in your second semester right now, I think you should do Kaplan books along side your semester courses. So if you are taking Physiology and Biochemistry and Genetics during your semester, make sure you go over the kaplan books for these courses during this semester. I wish I did that when I was doing my basic sciences. You can glance through your FA right now, but I mean by the time you take Step1 there will be a new FA with new additions, but obviously your basics and foundations wont change. That i think will take you a long way.

Ive spoken to numerous practicing residents and several of my upper semester friends who have already taken step1. The test is highly based on your concepts! if you have those straight, then you will easily achieve your target.

People who do really well during basic sciences almost always do amazing on boards! So kill your basic sciences and you will be more than ready for boards.

Hope this helps!
much appreciated.....alicia.....thanks a ton.....i am in carib med school too. dont want to disclose name here. ....
haha, yeah thats fine! I hated those dreadful block examss!! dont forget to enjoy your time on the island, its a good thing you're getting in touch with this forum this early!
thanks...alicia...you mentioned u got off island 4 months back....so must be in 5th sem.....so after finishing 5th sem... how many months off you taking for step 1 prep? ....your exam in nov as u said....

WHERE ‘YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR SUCCESS…….’

Welcome Prospective US Medical Licensee:

We invite you to this REMARKABLE new and INNOVATIVE “didactic experience of a lifetime...” through the cutting-edge delivery of Medical Education in a manner that is heretofore only been talked about in FUTURIST SCIENCE FICTION books.

No longer are you confined to DRY, INANE (INSANE(!), ONE-WAY lecture delivery systems, but instead, through the vast storage expanses of cloud computing, podcasting and the other new and never-ending wonders of the Web,... you will immediately commence to interact with Ivy League medical instructors efficiently, comprehensively, and most importantly, on an INDIVIDUALIZED, PERSONALIZED BASIS , i.e., on a CASE-BY-CASE basis—just as you work-up individual cases in Medicine…

Thus we manage your INDIVIDUAL, specific problems and successes...through logical, deductive reasoning and case-based discussion vs the cold, callous, and SUPREMELY OBSELETE, ROTE memorization-methods that the BIG NAME firms offer.

Contact us on an EMERGENCY BASIS for information on our $13.75K/USMLE Step ($2000 discount expires SEPT 30!), program, and immediately begin to avail of our 22nd century system of educational delivery with a “100%- If you do not PASS, you do not PAY Guarantee”—that GUARANTEES you will be on your path to a rewarding career as a PERMANENTLY LICENSED PHYSICIAN in the USA:

Long Island NY-based Online Program

Phone US ON AN EMERGENCY BASIS: 24-Hours a DAY at our Information LineTongueHONE# SIX FOUR ONE SEVEN ONE FIVE THIRTY NINE HUNDRED EXTENSION eight three three seven six eight
well I finished the island time in April of this year (2014). We have to take an "exit exam" aka Comp exam before leaving the island, so I passed that. So its been like almost 4 months ive been studying (I didnt study at all in the month of May).

But honestly, it really depends on the people, I know some people who took their test within 3 or 4 months after getting off the island.
thanks alicia....i wish you all the best from prep and real exam... i am sure you will ace it. my buddy got uw subscription till nov 3....if you need it...i can ask her.
Dear International Medical Student or Doctor,

I am writing this letter pursuant to your prospective hopes for completion of a USMLE. We understand that your goal, as an international medical graduate, is to comfortably pass your USMLE. To that end, our Course (call 24-7, six four one seven one five thirty nine hundred, ext six four nine four six one; cost is thirteen thousand seven hundred and fifty dollars per step with guaranteed passage or you will not PAY!), created by a highly qualified, brilliant Ivy League Graduate founder, breaks down voluminous content into eight single word Sub-Goals that allow you to systematically organize your method for attack:

1 (What?). (Differs?). 3 (Me?; with six sub-aims). 4 (Operations).
5 (Problem-Solving). 6 (Crash). 7 (Subject). 8 (NBME).

All aspects of your USMLE are thus covered, from start to finish, in a programmed manner, that fits into your schedule, without having to undergo cumbersome relocation, and job-related dislocation.

Welcome to the world of guaranteed USMLE success!...

Pursuant to your prospective hopes for completion of a USMLE Course, we offer you information on our course, that will provide you with a 100% CASH –REFUND IF YOU WERE TO NOT PASS (created by a founder that has been teaching since year 2000, he is an Ivy League graduate, whom in addition to an MD and relevant Clinical Experience not only has graduate degrees in Experimental Psychology, Epidemiology/Biostatistics, Health Administration and Finance, but also has another four Years of Clinical Pharmacological and Clinical Decision Analytic -Monte Carlo-Modeling research experience.

Goal

We understand that your goal is to comfortably pass your USMLE, Step 1, 2-Clinical Knowledge, or 3, and are here to help you in that regard.

We certainly will help you to attain said goal through the accomplishment of these specific aims, outlined as follows, with these Big Picture One Word Sub-Goals, as applicable to the USMLE, itself.

Specific aims. The Specific Aims and Sub-Aims for the USMLE Student (“Student” or “Stu”) that have been achieved are presented as follows:

1 (What?). To understand the structure, content, and underlying purpose of the USMLE. These dimensions are defined by the following Sub-Aims, that of becoming
familiar with the USMLE’s (a) principles, (b) rationale, © purpose, (d) integrative nature with other USMLE steps especially through the facility of drawing direct and indirect clinical correlations to relevant causal basic science mechanisms, (e) main subject content categories and their expected representation in the USMLE, (f) content category assessment of student’s knowledge level through direct and indirect modes, (g) assessment methodology in terms of multiple choice question formats, and tips on mastering the response protocol for said formats, (h) relative raw score outcomes (noting that 1(f), (g) and (h) are elaborated upon below in Specific Aim 3)

2 (Differs?). To diagnose the student’s medical school’s ability to teach the
student those very same aspects outlined in Specific Aim 1 and all provided Sub-Aims, and to immediately assess the quality and quantity of such types of mis-match).

3 (Me?).To finally diagnose the students’ current status based on his or her
personal experience from Specific Aim 2, as well as any other experiences related to attempting the USMLE on his or her own . Once again, we now diagnose the student’s ability to learn those very same aspects outlined in Specific Aim 1 and all provided Sub-Aims, and to immediately assess the quality and quantity of such types of mis-match.
With said diagnosis, we proceed to tailor a course program of study that tackles all aspects of Specific Aim 1 and Sub-Aims’-based mis-matches but now from a practical, applicable approach. As such the ‘diagnosing,’ continues forward through these Sub-Aims, and an effort is now made by us to focus now on precise systems of student learning, that cover these Sub-Aims of this tailored course program of study’s
Sub-Aims (Sequence). (a) Correct notes’ formatting used, given correct subject
content, (b) classification-focused content, © semantic-hierarchical-, recognition-, and mnemonics/iconic (visual) memory-driven learning methods, (d) representative multiple choice question sets creatability (by the student), (e) multiple choice question’s analytic dissection and iterative choice-making process (question body with lead sentence, sub-category sentences, prompt sentence; question answer set with one or two “distractor” questions, using “process of elimination,” followed by iterations back to the body’s sub-categories, and final answer set-choice selection using classification- and mnemonics learned from notes), (f) understanding of the numerous multiple choice assessment raw score outcomes as projected to real likely USMLE outcomes (Stu’s first NBME, second comprehensive exam are taken very early ahead of schedule, and the final comprehensive exam is the newest, toughest and closest match to an actual USMLE experience.

4 (Operations). All of Specific Aim 3’s Sub-Aims are to be completed through an operations-management-based protocol of long-term scheduling, called Big Picture Sample UM Course Project Completion Schedule. Similarly weekly scheduling is done through weekly short-term OPS slotify sequencing and planning through the completion of the weekly operations “assignment tasks slotify” table, as given within An Example of a Typical OPS Slotify Sequence. This includes assignments needing (a) operational protocols with rates for all tasks (for assignment document access from the CLOUD, such as from Dropbox, Simplevoicebox review, and finally from notes’ per se, with theory review, examples’ reviews, and completion of large numbers of correlated exercises) (b) pdf scanned document assignment submission is done by the student, by WED 23:45 Eastern time in the student’s personal Dropbox © Assignment presentation in the live special 8-10 minute case-based phone talk is to be done on Thursday in the designated AM time slot (such that we’ll also have regular daily 30-minute talks on all weekday AMs), and finally (CALL US NOW FOR MORE INFO!...)
Dear International Medical Student or Doctor,

I am writing this letter pursuant to your prospective hopes for completion of a USMLE. We understand that your goal, as an international medical graduate, is to comfortably pass your USMLE. To that end, our Course (call 24-7, six four one seven one five thirty nine hundred, ext six four nine four six one; cost is thirteen thousand seven hundred and fifty dollars per step with guaranteed passage or you will not PAY!), created by a highly qualified, brilliant Ivy League Graduate founder, breaks down voluminous content into eight single word Sub-Goals that allow you to systematically organize your method for attack:

1 (What?). (Differs?). 3 (Me?; with six sub-aims). 4 (Operations).
5 (Problem-Solving). 6 (Crash). 7 (Subject). 8 (NBME).

All aspects of your USMLE are thus covered, from start to finish, in a programmed manner, that fits into your schedule, without having to undergo cumbersome relocation, and job-related dislocation.

Welcome to the world of guaranteed USMLE success!...

Pursuant to your prospective hopes for completion of a USMLE Course, we offer you information on our course, that will provide you with a 100% CASH –REFUND IF YOU WERE TO NOT PASS (created by a founder that has been teaching since year 2000, he is an Ivy League graduate, whom in addition to an MD and relevant Clinical Experience not only has graduate degrees in Experimental Psychology, Epidemiology/Biostatistics, Health Administration and Finance, but also has another four Years of Clinical Pharmacological and Clinical Decision Analytic -Monte Carlo-Modeling research experience.

Goal

We understand that your goal is to comfortably pass your USMLE, Step 1, 2-Clinical Knowledge, or 3, and are here to help you in that regard.

We certainly will help you to attain said goal through the accomplishment of these specific aims, outlined as follows, with these Big Picture One Word Sub-Goals, as applicable to the USMLE, itself.

Specific aims. The Specific Aims and Sub-Aims for the USMLE Student (“Student” or “Stu”) that have been achieved are presented as follows:

1 (What?). To understand the structure, content, and underlying purpose of the USMLE. These dimensions are defined by the following Sub-Aims, that of becoming
familiar with the USMLE’s (a) principles, (b) rationale, © purpose, (d) integrative nature with other USMLE steps especially through the facility of drawing direct and indirect clinical correlations to relevant causal basic science mechanisms, (e) main subject content categories and their expected representation in the USMLE, (f) content category assessment of student’s knowledge level through direct and indirect modes, (g) assessment methodology in terms of multiple choice question formats, and tips on mastering the response protocol for said formats, (h) relative raw score outcomes (noting that 1(f), (g) and (h) are elaborated upon below in Specific Aim 3)

2 (Differs?). To diagnose the student’s medical school’s ability to teach the
student those very same aspects outlined in Specific Aim 1 and all provided Sub-Aims, and to immediately assess the quality and quantity of such types of mis-match).

3 (Me?).To finally diagnose the students’ current status based on his or her
personal experience from Specific Aim 2, as well as any other experiences related to attempting the USMLE on his or her own . Once again, we now diagnose the student’s ability to learn those very same aspects outlined in Specific Aim 1 and all provided Sub-Aims, and to immediately assess the quality and quantity of such types of mis-match.
With said diagnosis, we proceed to tailor a course program of study that tackles all aspects of Specific Aim 1 and Sub-Aims’-based mis-matches but now from a practical, applicable approach. As such the ‘diagnosing,’ continues forward through these Sub-Aims, and an effort is now made by us to focus now on precise systems of student learning, that cover these Sub-Aims of this tailored course program of study’s
Sub-Aims (Sequence). (a) Correct notes’ formatting used, given correct subject
content, (b) classification-focused content, © semantic-hierarchical-, recognition-, and mnemonics/iconic (visual) memory-driven learning methods, (d) representative multiple choice question sets creatability (by the student), (e) multiple choice question’s analytic dissection and iterative choice-making process (question body with lead sentence, sub-category sentences, prompt sentence; question answer set with one or two “distractor” questions, using “process of elimination,” followed by iterations back to the body’s sub-categories, and final answer set-choice selection using classification- and mnemonics learned from notes), (f) understanding of the numerous multiple choice assessment raw score outcomes as projected to real likely USMLE outcomes (Stu’s first NBME, second comprehensive exam are taken very early ahead of schedule, and the final comprehensive exam is the newest, toughest and closest match to an actual USMLE experience.

4 (Operations). All of Specific Aim 3’s Sub-Aims are to be completed through an operations-management-based protocol of long-term scheduling, called Big Picture Sample UM Course Project Completion Schedule. Similarly weekly scheduling is done through weekly short-term OPS slotify sequencing and planning through the completion of the weekly operations “assignment tasks slotify” table, as given within An Example of a Typical OPS Slotify Sequence. This includes assignments needing (a) operational protocols with rates for all tasks (for assignment document access from the CLOUD, such as from Dropbox, Simplevoicebox review, and finally from notes’ per se, with theory review, examples’ reviews, and completion of large numbers of correlated exercises) (b) pdf scanned document assignment submission is done by the student, by WED 23:45 Eastern time in the student’s personal Dropbox © Assignment presentation in the live special 8-10 minute case-based phone talk is to be done on Thursday in the designated AM time slot (such that we’ll also have regular daily 30-minute talks on all weekday AMs), and finally …. (CALL US NOW FOR THE REMAINING INFO!...)
If you really want to get a 99, you should do Extreme USMLE Coaching's course. Their tutor got a 274 on their Step 2 CK and does a great job teaching. Their website is extremeusmlecoaching.com
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »