Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is the whole process fair and transparent ???????? - sheetal
are u in the us qwery?
nope
sheetal, qwery...hi

please dont make me think....I dont like thinking...what are these theosophical questions this morning now? ok evening for you qwery...

to make us depressed too...qwery...please stop crying...I feel like sobbing too..oh well,

I am back...

I think they filter the hell out of it..then they take the LORs, and the BSs (sorry I meant PS neversay) and they take a look at the applications in order not to miss "real good ones" who may not meet their criteria one way or the other..This is a wishful thinking btw...but really we dont know the answer...

Any PDs out there? Please kindly answer us what you do.. Thank you.
hey kindlyassist, isha13, mrkglt, neversaydie4 and Pathology11

its just what i was thinking of whole process but couldnt figure out how PDs work it out, but......as its PDs job so let us mind our own apply business and let the PDs do their selection job and we dont interfere lol

actually i was daydreaming number of my IV calls (lolllzzz) while selecting programs as was thinking whos gona pick ma application and who not, how wil i make it thru filters and all...
i put all my worries n thoughts here on forum just to get urs say on it, and with a hope that some body might know how exactly this whole ERAS conspiracy works and not to discourage or depress any of u as am not a good candidate myself

As a matter of fact Things dont work the way we think it does, as candidates with low scores, old grads get IV calls and get matched too, then how they make it thru these filters.

in 2010 match

http://www.nrmp.org/soap.pdf

37000 applicants registerd with NRMP, of these 30543 submitted rank order list ( means they had attended IVs) and 21749 matched to PGY1 + abt those 4000-5000 candidates who accepted prematches and didnt submit ROL.
Isnt it encouraging that out of 37000 registered for 2010 match about 35000+ got IV calls Smile
atleast 10000 of these would have been candidates with low scores and old grads, so Buck up guys Smile

@QWERY

hey dude..hey dude..heyyyy i didnt mean to demoralize u, u kno u gona rock
havent u seen old grads with all scores in 70s getting prematches and good matches
just search thru the forum and u will see many inspiring real success stories
i wonder how they made it thru these cruel filters all the way to the final contract, if they can,then why not you and us
so cheer up dude, be strong,keep the spirits sky high, trust in God and hope for the best
if a 999999 starts sobbing then he definitely wont make it to the final contract but a low scorer old grad with high spirits definitely will.
GL to all of u

but the debate is still on
how this ERAS conspiracy works ? lols
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »