Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am going to die.... - usmlestepthree
It depends on what state you're applying for a medical license for.

I am not looing for medical lecense for now. I have to have a residency training first. So, is there any chance to match a resicendy program?
I need match a residency program first. Then, I may looking for a medical license. Is there chance to match a residency program with 2 times fail for step 3?
Well In order to proceed from PGY-1 to PGY-2 you have to pass your Step 3. having failed it twice serves as a red flag for PDs who would hate to recruit someone only to have to put up with someone who can't pass Step 3.

You need to pass Step 3 in order to some what lessen the sting of those two failures.

I need match a residency program first. Then, I have chance looking for a medical license. Is there chance to match a residency program with 2 times failure of step 3?
If you do manage to pass Step 3 I'm sure your 1 year of USCE as a fellow will come in handy and you'll have a good chance of matching.

You should explore your options at your current institution. Many programs will be willing to cast a blind eye on your attempts but you have to have the right contacts.

Sorry to hear that. Sit back and relax. Muster up courage and study 6-8 months and take the exam. Practice exam like questions etc. Do not transmit your step 3 result and call programs to see if they consider your application. Nobody can tell you about chances of matching sure it's tough for old Img's with low scores and attempt but it's not impossible and please don't lose hope think about your family. You are doing whatever you can and God will have something good for us we have to wait.
Thank you so much, Docs,

I am still feeling this is the end of the world for me.
Look, world is not ending (may be it is ending, who knows! but....). If I were you, I will just get the things straight. I will try to see the PD in my hospital where I am doing the non-sense fellowship (sorry, just try to have some fun.), and ask for a regular residency. You are "indoor" person, I am sure you know what to do.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »