Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
California Status Letter ???? - medgradt
This letter will not be required to obtain an interview as long as you inform us it is pending. THIS LETTER, HOWEVER, WILL BE REQUIRED BEFORE YOU COMMENCE RESIDENCY, IF SELECTED.
This is what I got off the website of a CA residency prog. in IM. Hope it helps.
medgradt.. another query please.How is it exactly that we're supposed to inform the programs of the fact that our letter is in process.Your reply will appreciated.Thanx.
Please could someone tell me if u need to apply the letter next year if u dont match this year
Hi,
Please help!I have applied for the CA Letter and have sent all the required documents and fees now the medical board officer calls and says I am all set for the CA letter except for the fact I dont have the 4 weeks required in Psychiatry or any neurology or neurosurgery which can be used to combine with Psychiatry to make the 4 weeks. I only have 2 weeks of clinical Psychiatry rotation and none in others while in med school...what am I to do?Has anyone else faced the same problem and if so how to over come this?

Please kindly advise.Really appreciate all the help.Thanks.
You have to find program,which allows you to get 4 weeks in Psy. it is like a observership. Ask Board. They will provide you with a list of these program.(may be). I know there is a line to get into this programs. many people are in the same shoe.
Kaz,
I think I am not gonna get that letter as i am in the same boat.
When did you apply for that letter? How long did you wait to get that letter?
I will appreciate if you answer this?
Thanks lera39 for the info.Which board are you refering to ,is it the medical board or ECFMG?Thanks again for your help..really appreciate it.

Dik,I started the application in June..I still havent got the letter as of the problem mentioned in my ealier post..not sure how to solve this minor problem which is giving rise to a big problem for me.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »