Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what i think went wrong with those - nostringsattached
I want to add 2 more points.

Choosing speciality should be appropriate for IMG
For example, IM has many positions and more chance for IMG. Obgyn , they all have 2 to 8 positions average in a program, more AMG attracted and program also prefer AMG. So, IMG has less chance to get a spot in OG in compare to IM.

I think another thing is CONTACT.
Good luck all.
pgywoks!

thank you! : ) uv helped big! : )

dear ever&ever,
Congratulations!!! : ) thanks for the tip and ALL ur help/advice! keep well!

Cheers!
Adrian
Adrian thats funny Smile how you change peoples' id names. Are you already a resident or did you match this year? Either way congrats.
dear minivan,

oh no i will BE applying next time for the first time... : ) but bless you for calling me a resident... you send me your address and when your 'congrats on matching' words come true, il track u down & drinks are on me!! hee hee ( resident... u sweety..! i've never blushed before...)

LOL!

Good luck !

Cheers!
Adrian
Minivan ha ha ha. I was wondering what will you make of my id.
Anyways, if you want we can help each other out in the next season . My e-mail address is medicine2011
ok got it! : ) and in case u got yahoo messenger, im the same name u see here..

mail ya soon! good luck!

Cheers!
Adrian
Guys, there are two separate factors here:

1. Getting enough intv

2. Impressing the program enough to take you

The two are not really connected.

For 1 - It's mostly scores, maybe LOR's somewhat

For 2 - It's 90%+ the interview.

So, if you are good at 1 but not 2, you may go unmatched even with 15 intv.

If you are good at 2 but not 1, as long as you have even 1 intv, you could definitely match.

Matching is not luck, it is dependent on how you sell yourself!
IMGs are told to sell themselves and they always oversell themselves. This goes against them. Always go with some attitude, confidence, and charm on face. A lot has been already said on forum on how some IMGs behave. I don't want to comment more on that.
my one tip would be ''smile''
a genuine smile works wonders!
This is how your visa status works: I have a close friends who is doing FM in North Carolina now. He got matched last year after two years of failure. For 2009 Match, he was on H1 and got 9 interviews, didn't match. Before going to 2010 Match, he did one more month of observership and also granted with GC. Last year, he got 32 interviews, and made it to 24 of them (it's a record!). Matched! I believe, that one month of observership didn't play any role as he had other observerships in his resume. It's the power of having a green card. However, the majority of his interviews were with community programs, but he ended up in a decent university program.
I needed visa, I got 5 interviews. Canceled one. Matched (first attempt) in psych.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »