Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Step 3 helps in ranking? - csdoc456
@ morris and all others:
my prblm is I wrote in my application tht will take step 3 in nov but now as I already got 8 IVs and expecting more, I don't think so I have time for step 3 and also I have GC so VISA is not an issue for me.
As I told earlier I am worried tht is this possible tht they will rank me low bcoz of my step 3.
plz guide me.
@csdoc456 congrats on all the invs, what specialty did you apply for? and can you please share your credentials, thanks!
@csdoc456

If you have tough competition and PDs have to chhose or reject based on some factor between you and the other American IMG, I think step 3 will certainly come handy. It can only be an advantage. But in your case you are already GC holder so chances of that happening are rather slim.
As far as the preparation is concerned..if you have done well in other steps; scoring above 200 should be a walk in the park. (I studied 24 days for my scores, a year after finishing my step 2 ck, and havent done very badly), So it may still be possible with all your IVs.
I hope it will be helpful for you to decide based on what I had to share.
@hmwa123: FM/Peds/psych/IM.
78/99/cs (all 1st).

@ Morris81: Thank you very much for ur valuable advice, appreciate ur time.
@csdoc456, thanks for sharing your info. I have similar creds as you expect not applying for psych, only 3 invs. are most of your invs in psych?
@ hmwa123
No just 1 from psych.
Did u take step 3?
Your visa status?
@csdoc456, yes I took step 3 late sept and got my score last week, passed
I'm a U.S. citizen, carribean grad 2010, 4 US LORS.
What programs did you get invites from? Thanks
YES !!!
Yes it helps. But that is supportive document. Your other profile need to be good too.

Lot of residents get scared to if they can pass step 3 and PD know that. So if you have such resident during your interview or in that program/university and you already have passed step 3, it is bug plus.

That's how it helped me!
thx
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »