Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legal Residents For Residency - busymomdoc
@houstonpass as much as i respect you but i do disagree with you, by law jobs should be filled by legal citizens and then after immigrants whom need visa are considered. IF a company wants to hire anyone from abroad they have to show proof that they tried to fill it by residents.

You and i are both legal residents that were able to get interviews but do u know how many certified doctors are out there with perfect credentials are getting nothing, they do have great qualifications, but sorry to say the system is corrupt and contacts are playing a crucial role plus there is a tendency of chosing certain nationalities.

i have 4 examples of residents who are working now with poor credentials, needed a visa but got there through there contacts.

I do understand what busymomdoc is saying and i can understand the frustration( put yourself in there shoes), and if the system was totally fair everyone would have had a chance visa or non.

@sheelamd congratulations on your prematch , and i feel sorry for your attitude, if u worked hard then u do deserve the prematch. I think you are missing the whole point and took it personally

goodluck everyone
this is a free forum pls dont attack someone if you disagree with em
and busymomdoc has a point. For circumstances we don't know, she now lives in the US as a permanent resident, has her family and children going to school here, and therefore has the evry reason in the world to put that forward.

@houstonpass, citizen ARE chosen over us, so why wouldn't busymomdoc defend her right as a permanent resident?
hey i am a citizen.. and i have decent scores (no 99's).. i ahve 10 ivs already in IM.. i think they already favor the citizens... no arguments bout that here.
all of these "arguments" are just xenophobic. That is way it makes me so fkn angry.

Your idea is to Discriminate non US citizens/GC so you LOSERS can get a spot.

@ sheelamd, there's no discrimination here. And yes, people do have "arguments." You're the only one with a dirty mouth. Re-read the thread and you will notice your style.
like those OCCUPY WALL STREET demonstrations, maybe a sort of copycat OCCUPY ECFMG, Philly style, baby, might be in short order
BUSYMOMDOC CREDENTIALS

YOG:1994
step1 second attempt 1994,2009
step2 second attempt 1995,2010
cs first attempt 2011
GC holder

As a woman, I admire your perseverance, but your credentials are not very good, so why should any program director invite you to an IV in preference to a doble 99 from pakistan for example?
Just because you are a GREEN CARD holder?

COME ON!!!!! GIVE ME A BREAK!
its funny you all mention that because i completely disagree.
my husband is a born us citizen with similar credentials, except i have more us experience and i have atleast 2 times the number of call he has ..
so it seems program directors prefer calling those with credentials over visa issues

either way good luck to everyone, i will not be visiting this thead anymore.
anyway one more thing: we should all be respectful of everyones opinion, regardless of how much we disagree with them. we all should be mindful of that. we are entitled to freely voice our own opinions but not at the expense of insulting others. please lets keep that in mind.
thanks houston pass well said
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »