Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is it possible to appy witout cs results - drtom26
Bottom line: you can get IVs without the CS, but you will get even more with it.

If you're applying without the CS and you absolutely must match, apply to as many sites as you can.
5pani....how many ivs do u have...just curious how many u managed without CS
I had 8 without the CS, and then when the score came I had like 6 more come in within days. Those 6 came in because programs had emailed me earlier saying my application was on hold pending my CS result. Once my result came, I called them and they sent out invites (a few programs said they were full).

Problem with a bunch of IV invites coming in December is scheduling. There are limited dates available and it becomes hard to set IVs by region. You're like a grasshopper jumping across the country.
@qwery id rather think about that when that happens ryt. can we write an exam if we have the feelin we wont clear it??
@5pani

ya what u said is correct ,but there wont be cs exam from may 19-june 16. and fron june 16 it starts with the new pattern.. and congrads on ur iv .u would have had realy nice scores.hope u get into the place u desire most. thanks again..
curious enuf ,can u tell us your scores??
drtom, the path of passing usmle step 2cs is as it is and there is no doubt to how it goes. the path to failure is the one of concern. so i suggest you look at the failure part. how good are your clinical skills, are you likely to fail? if you fail, would you be able to retake usmle step 2cs? are you at the liberty of failing usmle step 2cs?
@Spani

Can you share with us , the programs which mailed you that your application was on hold pending cs results and later granted you interviews after calling and informing that you have passed cs.
@qwery

ya ur ryt .il have to look into that,il have to be cautious about doin step 2 cs.it would be realy difficult if somthin goes wrong.thank you for ur valuable opinion.
that's about all the answers you need drtom26, it is all within you. believe in yourself, may the force be with you
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »