Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
B1/B2 after J1 research - art20
Yes you can come back on B1/B2. But to do your residency, I I think things will be tough.

Call ECFMG EVSP, ask them that if are in 2 yr HRR and already back to India, are you still eligible for J1 clinical to research?

Maybe you know these things but still I would like to share:
- Once your DS expires, you wont be eligible for new J1-research for a long long time. So its better to keep doing research till next match... (Unless ECFMG says you can still take J1 clinical in your 2 yrs of home return)
- To start your residency on J1 clinical, ECFMG will have to petition on your behalf to DOS for change in J visa category. As far as I know, you need valid DS 2019 of your research for that
- I was told that if I obtain a waiver for J1 research, I am still eligible for J1 clinical

But I might be wrong, so get these facts straight from the concerned authorities
Thanks dr.arjun...I have spoken to the ECFMG..they said they will issue a new DS-2019, but then the rest depends on the consulate in your home country....Do you know anybody who has done this before..?? Thanks for taking the time to share what you know...take care
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »