Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Factors for matching. - goddoc
After going thru the process, I realize there're programs for many applicants.
Yes, some programs prefer GC over scores. They clearly say they don't sponsor visa or J1 only.
Programs that sponsor H1 would take visa-needing people with higher scores/less YOG, etc. than GC holders.
In Texas, some programs would rather take IMGs over DOs. So, do your best to improve CV, research program criteria well and apply widely.
Your step1 score and YOG alone will pass many automatic filters.
My opinion, USCE is useful if you go upto iv stage... but to get an IV there are only 3 things needed...

SCORES!!!!!!
YOG!!!

both of these are very important... if you have plenty of USCE and low scores/old graduate then "YOU WILL NOT GET AN IV" this is something i personally faced this year...

third is contacts, if you have them well and good, if you dont your chances are similar to everyone else...

USCE, research, letters are all equal to "BULL SHIT" unless you get an Interview...

once you get an IV then only USCE, research & letters and contacts will help you
Hi guys
What about yog 1996 scores around 200 and canadian lors and hands on experience in canada
shocked me

step1 241, CK 248, CS waiting for result. will take step3 before August.

I graduated in 1994, pediatrician in home country for 12 years, research in USA for 5 years

will try to do OB in the next half year

GC holder

What's my chance to get into a good pediatric program or a pathology program?
Standing on the shoulders of giants

Thanks guys for your inputs. Many like me will benefit from your experience of the match
You guys talk like program directors, I'm impressed!!
dats all true...but contact can skip it all !
and contact works the best for AMGs and DOs , not poor fmgs. because fmgs dont know those powerful contacts much! Those are the key ones whom only amgs and dos can explore during their rotations to help them out. even a lor from them can open lots of doors...which an fmg is less likely to gain. of course, i think God(if you dont believe, fair, you may call it destiny) is above all the crap if u believe.
http://www.mleresidencytips.com/2012/02/...ching.html
100% agree with rajji,
Coz for IMGs or whom that they don't have connection after IV, only luck is the most important factor
scores, usc, yog, visa or lor all could be helpful only for catching an IV not for ranking process, and it is logical, coz if they wana rank base on those documents there were no need for IV...even computer programs can organize the applicants in sort of best to worse with details
IV time and how much we impressed interviewers plus luck are the only factors for ppl without connection, so...

GOOD LUCKSmile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »