Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I passed - nova173
marynectaria

archer is a usmle review like kaplan and uworld. you can type in archer ccs or archer step 3 and check their website.
at P*ss pgm! see below from the s t u d n t d o c to r n e t w o r k -go to their website yourself-it is a real comment unlike the BBB Gold rating of the top US company GUARANTEED PASS on LI

05-14-2010, 07:41 PM #8
RobV.Wink
Newbie 5
Downloads
Uploads
"Welcome to PASS SOUTH"
I would definitely not recommend PASS Program South I just finished the course and it was a big joke, I'm still trying to figure out what did i paid 4400 dollars for. This Dr. W*** is a fraud and he claims he is a surgeon but i really dont believe him, from what i saw he graduated from a Caribbean Med school just like most of his class and staff and he pretty much knows just as much as most of the people there. Everything that he states on his profile and what he claims about his course is a lie just read the message about himself it says nothing and the housing is a dump you pay 700$ to stay in a small room with a twin bed, Ive feel off my bed many times at night, and the internet half the time doesn't work but of course he blames it on the provider, also we just got dishes when i was there, and you have to share a bathroom, and i forgot to mention that the program is 30mins away from where you live with a 5min drive in a car for shopping. I still dont know where they get this 92% pass rate from, and the so called tutoring thats supposed to be gold is a joke the tutors do 10 questions with you and sit there and read the explanation for you then flip through first aid to explain it to you, which unless you dont know how to read is very helpful. When I was there I saw the fraud that this guy was doing and I even saw how he would take advantage of these kids and make them believe that unless they paid him 900$ a week for tutoring 1hr a day that they were not going to pass the usmle step 1 and believe it or not these kids would believe him and pay him to just basically babysit them and also he teaches both step 1 2 and 3 in the same course stating the physio is the same so you could be sitting though lectures that aren't on your exam. Trust me I am a student that just came from the course and it is a mess, it is unorganized you have people scheduled for 2 tutoring's at the same time and never get back the hour lost. I feel someone should sue this Dr. W*** for false advertisement cause he does not keep to his promise and he doesn't teach the whole course, he has his tutors who can barley speak proper English teach most of the course when hes gone on vacation. I do feel the PASS North is a better option then the South program cause i watched all of Dr. ******* videos and I thought Dr. W*** would be good cause it was branched off of the North program but I was completely wrong. In fact the only information and technique that i learned from his program was to cover up the answer choices from the usmle world questions and go straight to the last sentence and read the question because most of the time the question is in the last sentence and when your doing the questions just read the explanation for the right answer and read why the wrong answer you picked was wrong, also make sure to take NBME exams and that will gage how good you will do on your test and try to shoot for a score of 450 and make sure that your bars on the NBME exam are consistent and short because the longer the bar means you have alot of variation in that subject getting some hard answers right and easy ones wrong, also look at the cumulative performance on your uworld question bank and see where your weak at meaning below 40% and work on those subjects trying to bring them up, and break things down in organ systems to see the patterns and help organize the questions, one more thing when you study dont try to memorize read though quickly and many times and if you ask me get the DIT videos to review cause they are helpful to use whiles going through your first aid just ask around someone has them. When I was there Dr. W*** was so against first aid, now i know why because if everyone knew all they had to do was study first aid and uworld no one would come to his course. Well what i just said is pretty much what i paid 4 grand for and i just wrote how to do it so dont waste your money with PASS SOUTH is is a WASTE OF MONEY.
Congrats. If I did archer, do I still need to know step 2ck Kaplan ?
hi nova, we studies together on skype for step 2. Do u remember me?
what score you get?
nova, thanks for sharing your experience...
i understand archer ccs is imp.. but when you say archer PPV you mean his lectures PPV..? if so, then which ones exactly.. are they v time consuming..?

thanks and goodluck ahead...
i did archer theory, archer ccs, UW and mtb , like you i took step 2 ck in 2007 and have forgotton most of the stuff , do i need kaplan step 2ck also
girlstar894, kaplan step 2ck will help if you have taken step 2 long ago...definitely, will help
Congratulations nova173!!! You did pretty good in a very short time, 2 mo...I am trying to do the same, let's see if I will be capable. But before I will need some help from you, Can you give me some details about the Archer CSS?...where can I get it?...Thank you!
So what was your score then?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »