Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Residency prep Thread - u_mad_bro
@rsz.....thanx for pointing it out but hope you learnt something good today! by the way, i picked that from TV commercials Smile

@umadbro.... you are wrong again . "non matched effects" has PBA symptoms plus periods of psychosis lasting until match day or 3 months; which ever comes first Smile

@scaredkinda.....agreed with you...I'm reading step 3 materials (though I've passed it long ago)
MKSAP I heard is best prep material during residency but its costly. will eventually buy it soon though.....Toronto notes is not widely used and the reviews are not that impressive
@chuckchu, "learned", not "learnt", unless you are using British English.
@johnadams honey...you again? do you know if i'm British or from Somalia?
ok forget toronto notes i worked with a fellow from canada who loved it but that was a couple years ago
aspiration pneumonia - one of the most commonly seen cases in inpatient care ... recommended treatment regimen for it according to the IDSA guidelines (infectious disease society of america) :
- vancomycin + maxipime (cefipime) + flagyl (metronidazole)
PID(pelvic inflammatory disease) – Inpatient Rx – IV Cefoxitin + Doxycyclin or IV Ceftriaxone + Doxycycline
hello, I'm preping for step 1 and 2, this thread is so helpful. Keep it up! Smile
tamoxifen Contraindications:
• Patient is active smoker
• Previous
thromboembolism
• High risk for
thromboembolism
Spontaneous Bacterial Peritonitis: Rx – Cefotaxime(Claforan) 2g IV q8h for 5days
SIRS criteriaSad presence of any two)
Temperature >38.3 or 90 beats/min
Respiratory rate >20 breaths/min
wbc: < 4000 or >12,000

Hey can anybody explain to me ? if you exercise for 10 minutes you will meet 2 criteria heart rate and respiratory rate. But we don't say SIRS in that case. So where is the flaw in my understanding?

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »