Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
monthly salary ? - galdc
Salaries vary depending on which hospital you are at. Federal and FICA tax are the same rates everywhere, but State, and in some cases, City taxes vary depending on where you are. Then there are all types of tax breaks and exemptions, which some people are eligible for. Therefore, take-home pay is different for everyone. Nonetheless, for most people, they will take home somewhere between 2200 and 2400 a month.

Here is a link to a tax calculator to estimate your income. Make sure you put the right year and state in at the top:

http://www.paycheckcity.com/NetPayCalc/n...ulator.asp
hmm dont want to pay taxes eh?

typical IMG rant..
we have to pay tax in our/most countries too. But they give the real salary (after cutting of tax) estimate beforehand.
Net income is different for everyone based on factors such
as number of depends,
- 401K, 403B,
- social security,
- withholdings..
- alimony
- wage deductions
etc...

Hence they cannot give you that net (take home) figure.
i meant number of dependents
Aren't the residents with J1 visa exempt from paying taxes?
Do you live and work in the United States?

If the answer is yes. then YES you pay taxes!
one of my senior told me that with the J1, all the taxes we paid will be refunded at the end of the year. But i am not sure, as he is joining the residency this year.
drspouse.... well tax are paid not just because we earn ,, but because part of the tax is refunded when we get old and jobless,,, government will take care (suppose to) of you when u get old.
And with J1,, he won't be living all his life in US. So, may be only the part of the tax may be charged, as my senior suggested. But don't know for sure.
Guys you cant look at it this way, join the service and double your income, or just remember this is a steping stone to freedom at last 150K and then you can live with 100K and invest 50K, if you do this wisely you'll be a millionaire in 10 to 15 years, not too shabby, enough to retire anywhere in the world, if you're smart, make your money work for you, make the AMGs work for you, not the other way around.
Everyone has to pay taxes. A normal tax bill consists of Federal Taxes, State Taxes, Social Security Taxes, and Medicare Taxes (Some people might have additional city taxes e.g. NYC taxes). Social Security Taxes and Medicare Taxes are to fund retirement and medical expenses, respectively, of aging people (you pay for someone elses retirement and some one else pays for yours). People on J! visas are not required to pay Social Security and Medicare Taxes because the underlying assumption is you would not be in the country to take advantage of it when you retire and so you are not required to pay.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »