Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emergency medicine: docespy,eric.dammit. mha. grey - thenastyone
TO mha...plz kindly let me know where u saw those people getting residency..which place...also MS IV stands for??
reh......MS IV stands for 4th year medical student. I don't remember the name of ER programs my former student matched to....both of them were from california and matched to california state. I meet them in a university program in philadelphia. Sorry.

Halcyon...I worked in ER as a surgery resident and later on rotated as an IM resident (I switched to IM after 2 years in surgery). I thought ER was easier than IM and Surgery. This is completely my personal evaluation. I don't believe that ER physicians are merely doing triage nurse's duty. I have heard this remark from my fellow colleagues so many times........... that's why I metioned that in my previous post. Again this is not my point of view. You are right......big cities like Philadelphia, NYC don't hire IM or FM physicians (infact some of them are Level 1 trauma center) but most of the smaller and rural ER are run by IM and FM physicians. I know one guy who owns atleast 3 ER,s in midwest and hire IM/FM and even nephrologist (recently completed, J1 waiver) to run his ER.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »