Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redoing medical school!!! - eagle1981
First of all thank you guys for your comments.

@hatestudying123: 217(2ed), 227(1st), Pass(1st), YOG 2006, 2yrs hands on USCE, 2yrs obserevrships. 2yrs basic science research with 2 publications (3ed author). Applied last year to 280 programs ( FM, IM, Peds ) and got only 2 IVs one of them was courtesy IV!!! Didn't match. Applied this year to 170 programs ( FM, IM, Psych ), nothing so far except rejections.

@spaceman83: DO schools have the same rules as Medical school in term of pre-reqs and taking the MCAT.

@transdoc: These programs offer only USCE ( refresh courses ), you don't get an actual degree from them so that way you can refresh your YOG.

@img002014: As an IMGs we can't work as an PAs because we don't have a license and to get that license you have to do 2yrs of PA school which also needs pre-reqs and entering exam as well.

Thank you guys again for all your help.
Pleas guys correct if I am wrong on anything that I mentioned
@eagle1981 do you need a visa?
No, I am a US citizen
are you passed the 7 year limit?
My YOG is 2006, so yes I passed it.
@eagle1981 whats your skype or email?
abo_saker2003
You cant not be a PA because 99% PA program want you to have USA Bachelor degree to apply in PA program. what you can do now, Become a Registered Nurse in a one year and work in Medical teaching Hospitals and then if you can connect with the people inside for get residency while you work as a Nurse.
I know 2 people who studied medicine twice.

The first one is an ObGyn now. She did med school again because she really wants to do ObGyn and she said that she saw no other way that she could be accepted in that specialty as an IMG. Her husband is a faculty member in the med school (US) where she was accepted. She is a citizen.

The second one is not a citizen. He is a very old grad from another country and practiced medicine for a few years then switched to business. He was a businessman for 15 yrs and he decided to be a doctor again. He went to the caribean med school and applied for residency in the US. He is currently a resident.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »