Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attempts and low score interviews..update - eshazpurple
Low score in Step 1 (216). YOG: 2004. Lots of publications in peer-reviewed journals. 1 month observership in US. Good LORs but no invitations yet for transitional year and radiology residency programs. Only 5 rejections out of 80 programs until now. Even no rejections for the last week.

I think, major criteria are Step 1 score and YOG for IMGs in residency application. And unfortunately, I have both of those disadvantages.
Keep faith in yourself,everything will be alright...work hard!
Just got 2 interviews this afternoon.
Old graduate,avg score,225,230(2nd),220 & CS--rest all in one shot,
extensive Externship.Observership MORE THAN 1 YEAR !
step 1 212, step 2 228, cs second attempt ...only rejections so far YOR 2013 and 1 month USCE .. Sad maybe this week will be different Smile Smile
Yes everything will be alright,,,the door is opening up...
it's a pathology program in New York. If you've already applied to pathology, then it's probably on your list. If you are now going to apply to pathology because of 1 program, well, there aren't that many programs.
Congratulations to both of you with interviews. I hope you guys match this year.

I am 2012 IMG, my creds: 215/230/cs 2nd/210 2nd/GC/ 7mo observership/6 mo research/1 publication. I applied to 300 IM programs with 10 rejections so far and application hold from 1 program. My below average scores with attempts are killing my application, this is my 3rd and final attempt to apply for residency.

Good luck everyone!
wishing you all the very best of luck. just wondering what your year of grad is when you say old grad. i know the basic definition of old grad is 5 y post grad, but anyone who is 7 years or more post grad, with IVs? Never letting go of the hope.
My view is that they should make a passing score very difficult to attain on the steps. Rather than have people who have passed with a low score and then can't get into residency. What is the point of having a low pass mark. They should just make it very difficult to pass so that those that do are guaranteed a residency.
Definitely agree with you sugarcane
I actually agree with you sugarcane. If low scores are such deal breakers then that passing score for Step 1 should 220, because a low grade is essentially worthless. The sad part is that after a low score in Step 1 people keep studying and wasting money and time.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »