Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
End of the road? - djdoc87
^ughh hate typing on the phone.

I was trying to say you will have to do the work of finding a program's IMG status on your own. Try freida as your first step
Mercy St Vincent, Toledo, OH has IM and FM residency programs and observership
Damn, you guys can be really negative. I know way worse credentials with not just iv's but matched. If not for personal issues, I wld give u specifics. If you had applied to most IM programs, you may not be having this conversation. IM programs look for different things/per every candidate. I can tell you like this, never ever give up man. Never, ever pay much attention to lots of negativity, just believe in yourself and keep working hard to become better.
Damn, you guys can be really negative. I know way worse credentials with not just iv's but matched. If not for personal issues, I wld give u specifics. If you had applied to most IM programs, you may not be having this conversation. IM programs look for different things/per every candidate. I can tell you like this, never ever give up man. Never, ever pay much attention to lots of negativity, just believe in yourself and keep working hard to become better.

We all know it's possible to match, with great effort and careful planning, sometimes against all odds, it may take time, and effort and tears and suffering, but it is possible.
We all know here that some have a bit of luck and achieve great things in difficult situations and we all here hope that every single story ends well.
Nobody in this forum (except for some trolls) wishes for someone else to fail.
It's not just being negative for the sake of it.
It's being realistic.

If you get advice that makes everything look pretty all the time and don't look at the faults in a process you will not be able to have enough insight to fix it.
That is the whole idea of asking. Get another perspective, see what you alone cannot see.

There are great stories of success and happiness around but that is not the norm.
People with higher scores and better credentials are struggling for interviews and it's because this is a very complex, difficult process.

Rejections for family is so much this year. Once you'll see how hard it is
I don't know. People us schools over saturated family medickne
When did take step !
@kennymd Telling it exactly how it is isn't being negative. It is much better than giving false hopes! Yes people with low scores and attempts match but they are very few and they don't get it sitting at home. I've been working 7 days a week for the past 2 years doing research, volunteer work, observership, externship, pumping gas at the station, cleaning bathrooms, selling handbags you name it, but I still haven't gave up (I have low score but no attempts). My time will come and so will his/her IF and IF he/she decides to work for it!
@djdoc87
If you speak Spanish, try in Puerto Rico to do ( internado criollo) they pay you its just for a year but then you an apply to get a GP license and work there or in some areas in the U.S.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »