Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
regarding license issues ????????? - pakipower
hey docinusa

i ve come to know that FCVS charge something around 500 $ ? which states would not accept documents from FCVS ??
My previous message refers to Illinois (3 years, 150 CME hours). Each state has it's own requirements (Ny - none).
hey sirimboi

I think the opposite , it would be fun clicking, without reading anything (unlike UW or Q bank). lolz
Most states that IMGs match into accept FCVS. Infact, in some states like NY, it is mandatory to use FCVS only. And believe me, I have spoken to a lot of IMG physicians, FCVS saves you a lot of time and money and headache throughout your life. Imagine, 20 years later, you are an attending and you are moving from a job in chicago to florida and when you apply for a florida license, your med school still has to fill all the stupid forms and send it to florida board. If u have FCVS profile, you pay them $75 and forward ur profile and its all taken care of. I heard some hospitals also ask for FCVS when u apply for a job afterwards. I wouldnt bother abt the money for this.
Paki power , I was there too man, and I know these days are the hardest to deal with. But hang in there you all will go through with happy after effectsSmile

For FCVS its a good idea but i wont recommend it now, as they need your passport for verification purposes, they take around 6-8 weeks for processing which can be delayed as the have to send the documents to your medical school( so the same process you know what i mean). They charge around 600 $ and for every board verification they charge again 50 $.
I would surely recommend it for fellowships and job purposes. But rest is your decision.
oh ok ......... senior does they necessary require pp ....... if they do then it would even further delay the process right ???
yup man they either recquire original passport or original certified birth certificates. what the hell that is , i have no clue. But you can always check with them by email.
fcvs@fsmb.org

And you know how the postal service is any where in the world, because they send you back the passport after photocopying it. 10 days later. for birth certificates they keep it forever.
senior..pakipower..where do you find individual state requirements for lincensing(prior to starting residency)?
Senior .......... Sirimboi .............. docinusa

thanks all of you guys, your posts are much appreciated.
you can find them at
www.fsmb.org
click initial license requirements. good luck.
And you are welcom Paki powerSmile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »