Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how many candidates are called per seat - thyagu92
thats a great response for my question. thank u all and usmle forum tho ur discussions have juz increased my anxiety.
i IV ed at a place where they had 2100 applications, but they are calling 130 ppl for 13 spots...so yeah 1:1o is the average ratio....varies from 6 to about 20 some places
As people just said, most program INTERVIEW about 8-10 candidates per position. They finally rank between 5-8 per position. Now, they might send inviatations for more people because they know that not all the people they invite will actually go for the interview. So, if a program send invitations to 40 candidates for each position, is because they expect that 20-30 of them cancel their interviews or simply do not schedule one because of conflicts with other interviews. I know my program already sent like 400 invitations, and they plan to send 300-400 more in the next few days (that's whay the PC told me). They will interview 500 candidates, so make the math.

Good luck
University of kentucky interviewed 91 candidates for 29 positions ,seems good ratio
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »