Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my score and experience - rei

congratulations!
CONGRATULATIONS AND GOOD LUCK FOR ALL STEPS.
Congratulations rei!

Good luck with step 2.
Dear rei,

When did you take your test? I mean which month?
Dear Rei,
Seriously it is so encouraging to hear about your STELLAR result and especially to hear that you had a life to attend to while studying for the steps. You are really remarkable because you juggled a job, your family, and this test!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so proud of you!!!! Especially as a woman, I know how hard it is when things get too hectic in your life.. Also it's great to hear from you that you didn't particularly get 90 plus percent in every block of questions u did while studying. I think it's important to know that there will be times when your score doesnt reflect what you know. It's important to keep going. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I really admire you and what you have accomplished! Good luck in the rest of the steps!!! Smile
UW subject-wise? Would you tell me what is that? I am doing UW Qbank through internet. Are they same thing? Thanks.
congratulations rei .

re dimp: I read Kaplan line by line. I started with Physio and took notes - about a notebook full, and afterwards I only read my notes. However, it took too long to take notes so for the rest of the subjects I just read the books. For micro I made some colorful tables to help me remember which bugs are optochin-rezistant, bacitracin-rezistant, etc. I drew pictures and made up stories to help me remember bugs and their effects (brucellosis: a veterinarian named Bruce with hepatomegaly dances some kind of salsa = undulant that makes him sweat and have muscle and joint pains). These tables and pictures were very useful when revising the material. 55% in UW is not bad. Go over the NBME qs that you got wrong and see if you really didn't know the content or you did know the information but got confused by the way the question was asked. If it's a content problem, identify the areas that are weak and go back to kaplan. For me, listenign to a lecture once is not as useful as reading the material. Depending on your style, maybe you need to read kaplan or listen to the lectures again. I liked FA for review. It helps you remember things that you might have read several months back. It's also high-yeld information so I think it's good to read FA. It will aslo help you get a better idea of what is frequently tested on the exam.

re: marmd. I took the test on dec 13

okt: thank you! good luck to you too!

scarlet0208: thank you so much. I really appreciate your words. It's important to remember to live a little and enjoy the people in our life.

niuniu: they are the same thing. Subject-wise just means I did questions on a specific subject after I finished reading that subject. In this case my score would be artificially higher than I would get onthe test because all the info was fresh in my mind. This is a good way to study, but if you're done reading and want to practive questions, do the mixed and timed (there are options in UW when you create a new test).

bilal1: thank you!
medc, asklepios: thank you and good luck!
rei i am doing uw and my score is around is 53% what step should i have to take to increase my score .
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »