Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using MD Title - jumbomd

In research you carry the title of MD with no reservations or prequisities apart from having a medical degree. Universities and other authorities use this title for you regardless of ECFMG certification.

It is important to understand what you are planning to do with this title.

Be careful, You can not call your self physician unless you are licensed.
ive actually called the proper authorities and confirmed this..you can only use the MD after your name in the US legally after ECFMG certification. There was a carib. grad who was previousely a Dentist(DDS) who never took his USMLE steps and went back to practice as a dentist but he advertised himself as DDS, MD. He was sued in the state of maryland and LOST for misrepresentation since he was not US certified. The ECFMG certificate is one that certifies your medical degree as a valid Medical degree in the United States. Without it, in the US you cannot put MD after your name until the commission certifies you can do so.
iam ecfmg certified, MD. can i add the title to my name along with my DC degreee? for example in the state of missouri i am a licensed chiropractic physician, able to diagnos and treat. when i order MRI's or do reportrs can i use the title of MD also?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »