Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Took exam today! - mdinsd
Guys, I don't want to mislead anyone or tell you that I am great or tell you that if you do what I did, you will get my results etc. You know different people are different and we are coming from different educational backgrounds etc.
I am just trying to share MY experience, which might be helpful for some of your folks. Generally speaking, I think if anyone masters in FA and UW tests, will get a high 99 score.
But again, this is just my experience, please translate it to your own past experience... ask other people's experience, who have similar background in medical school.

Yes, You can apply for residency with even no score! It just needs money! no one tells you you can not apply.
hi, i am doing the same thing what you did.. first aid + uw.. Is not ecfmg certification, a requirement to apply for residency? i wish you 99!
Hey Mdinsd

First of all, I am glad that u feel good about ur test, and I wish u the best.

Question: Honestly, Can u say that mostly all you saw in ur exam is in the FA?
Enough, that if one knows the FA one can atleast pass.
& How many times did u go over FA?

Greatly appreciated,
Good Luck in ur interviews,

ThankYou
phase1

@phase1:

Again, I want to be conservative to avoid possible misleading. What I have shared is my own experience. I have a strong clinical and research background (have an advanced degree), which I think helped me, so please note this.
What I am trying to tell with humble is the fact that probably not everyone can do the exam in 2 months and get a decent score. If you or anyone has a strong background, and are a good exam taker, yes, this notorious exam is doable in less 2 months.
To answer your Q: I think more than 85-90% of the questions were familiar for me, meaning that they were either in FA OR UW tests.
Please remember than I have done my Step 2 CK 6 months ago and it helped me to answer many questions.
If you try to understand the CONCEPTS in FA and UW (NOT memorize), I am confident that you will get a very decent score. I read FA only once, but my main focus was on UW concepts and reviewing my notes.
I was taking notes from what I read, and reviewed my notes frequently (ALWAYS next day, before starting new concepts)- my style.
Go with something that has already worked for YOU, please.
GL
Thank you very much mdinsd, I truly appreciate ur detailed response.
I understand what u r saying.

I wish u the best of luck,
May God Bless u big, & good luck with ur interviews.

phase1

any body give today step 1 and haw was it
mdinsd, You said to focus on concepts. What exactly do you mean by concepts. Does it mean to know the mechanism or what???
Got my score today
233 (97)
congratulation mdinsd.....

i m reading immuno fro kaplan notes its kind of very boring is immmno enough in kaplan or should i consult another source....any suggestions 4 studying this subject
@ draz:
I am afraid that I may not be the right person to answer your question about Immunology. I have an advanced degree in Immunology, so I really did not read much.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »