Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
breach of security email from ERAS????? - maddoc14
i did read the email, but during ERAS registration it also very clearly says that our info will be protected , and it clearly wasnt
raised concerns for me!
u shud get rid of the credit card and sk to issue u new ones.
but ssn is my concern! we cant do anything about it? can we?
they only pay for 2 yrs monitoring our ids...means we have to pay for life to protect our ids??? this is not rite!
u shud get rid of the credit card and sk to issue u new ones.
but ssn is my concern! we cant do anything about it? can we?
they only pay for 2 yrs monitoring our ids...means we have to pay for life to protect our ids??? this is not rite!
sorry for double post....forum /site is down today!
I didnt get any such email. Should I be concerned?
i still havent received this email ...wats going on ???
I also did not get any email from ERAS but I called after reading these post. I was told that the security breech has happened for people who have applied to a certain program (they did not give me the name of the program) and if I did not get an email from them that means my information is safe.
I cant understand how they can group applicant info based on where we have applied but that is what seems to have happened.
GL to every1
Hi.. Only info regarding few candidates was stored in that LOST drive.. so ppl not gettin that email need not be worried.

NO CREDIT CARD info was stored in that drive.. -thats wat i was told.

Its like they lost ERAS profiles of few candidates.. and it was one copy of it.. so they do have our profiles !!

Only risk is if anyone gets hold of that lost drive and use it with wrong intentions !!
they told me that they searched for it from top to bottom.. so chances of finding it low now ! and also its lost since 13th jan.

I wud suggest that ppl who has SSN in their profile shud use that protectmyID.com AAMC offered. And regarding ERAS, Residency and NRMP application, and most imp credit card info - consider THIS NEVER HAPPENED. - quoting the person from AAMC i talked to. (the one who sent us the email).

Good luck guys.. Smile
thanx again knightrider
some one has copied our info from eras(unauthorised copy of some of ppl's info...not all of us).... =>eras has emailed ppl(those who have been affected...not all of us) to take the proper action (everything ...like crap ps, caf....but important ones are social numbers and credit cards...the credit card numbers was used to pay for the programs).
eras has provided those affected ppl with a free 2 yrs enrollment with expiron to monitor/protect ther credit /social activities.
u may call to check!!

go to eras and remove ur ssn number NOW!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »