Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
change 4m J1 research to J1 Clinical for residency - doctorpuneet
are u in the same boat walktheline...lets get together buddy and do the things. Please contact me on my email id...thanks
u need a "letter of need" from ur home country (it took for ever for my frnd to get dat one!).
then u must wait to get ur new j visa(again it took my frnd long long...longer dan all my other frnds and i have no iedas why?)....so u got to ask an expert to help u out.
my frnd asked a local attorney at his own community(India) to help him out....why shud u spend time and money to travel to another city for an attorney?? that attorney was good ...but like pain in as**..was always late and did the job with lots of frustration....i wudnt go to him unless i have to...coz he tool lots of time to make it....one reason cud be his poor service, think about it. which city u r located? try to ask ur school for a list of attorney...when i was doing my own fellowship, our scholl had a list of the best lawyers + discount...why dont u check that out?
sorry for typo...am dog death tired after a long day working like horse!!!! hope u get help soon.
i will mail u one attorney..am not sure to be good...i have heard lots of ppl have used them and are happy...i got it from a frnd....but i try my own local attorney who is close to my place.
here is my email: visaj12010
ok John, I have contacted them and taken an appointment for tomorrow as its already time for them. I will meet them and get started tomorrow itself. thanks a lot. if you don't mind, can we talk once...probably that would ease my anxiety...u can email me and I can send u my contact number....u can call me when u are free..thanks john
thanks a lot john and walktheline
walktheline : i will amil u the attorney too....but i myself try someone close to my own place=>coz if he/she wants to be late==>i am gonna to chew his/her neck!!! so u got to try someone close to be able to go and talk in person at any time...just my 2 cent!
i am not on j visa...hell...i was on j and got rid of with lots of pain!!!! no more such pain!! i waived it on my own!!!! and at my best suprised i got it! u shdunt do this!! coz no time now for playing with residency! IT TOOK ME FOR EVER !! u dont do this!! ask an expert to get done with the job fast and well done!
gl
dont waste money on attorney,
randy travis post is given below, it has worked in most cases

To all the forum members, those already in research and those who are contemplating to do research. My co fellow recently joined from J1 research visa as a J1 physician.
This is what he had to say:
1. contract from institute
2. ECFMG application (standard or non standard training)
3. ABMS letter if it is a non standard program (most fellowships are, not ACGME residencies)
3. send them to the GME office of your institute.
4. they send it to ECFMG (J1 sponsorship program).
5. ECFMG send the application (after checking for any deficienies to Department of state case manager). This step is done only if your J1 has a 212 e.
6. Fees are as given below:
ECFMG initial application fee: 200$
ECFMG case preperation fee?: 160$
DOS fee: 246$
SEVIS fee: 100$
7. Once it is approved by DOS the ECFMG issues the DS 2019.

Total time it took for him
May 2008 through August 2008
He had to go home to get the new visa stamped. You cannot change category being in the US

Hope this helps all
ciao
Dear satinsky..Thanks a lot for the information. Since I have matched and do not have much time do go with this procedure, I am planning to go with the other way...which is returning to India and then filing another J1 with DS 2019 sponsored from ECFMG. Do you have any idea what documents Might be needed during the interview...what questions could be asked? that would be a great help. thanks.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »