Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have never posted here - drstethoscope
Hi,

I have research positions available in different states and in different (sub)specialties which include cardiology, endocrinology, pulmonary, surgery, sleep medicine, and neurology. The states include PA, NY, IL, MI, MD and TX at this point. The majority of the positions are in universities, and some of them are in universities that are among the top 10 in the U.S. You can contact me for details.
If you're looking for a different state or (sub)specialty, I can help too. I just need you to be specific and help me understand what you’re looking for.

If interested, contact me at zabinski2009. Provide some brief info about yourself, your visa status, your USMLE scores, what (sub)specialty, which state, when you want to start and for how long.
In the subject, please mention what you’re looking for. For example: “Endocrine research in Chicago.”

Thank you.
@Chiasma
No I didnt go to CCF, didnt apply there bc I knew I wont get a call Smile

Oh BTW I want to dispel one more myth

This GC/Citizen Myth is just what it is - Myth -

I have applied as a GC and this year as citizen but it didnt make the difference just like I expected it won't.

Here is the thing
Programs who sponsor visa really do not care if you are a GC or Citizen - they care about your scores and your ancillary items on your application

Programs who do not sponsor visa - like the one where I matched - do care about scores but they are more open to candidates who work with them and they know as clinicians - hence my point - USCE (eps with the program) and LORs. I had applied to this same program last 2 times as well and never got a call because the program always used prematch and only called people who it knew either via recommendations or via observerships with their facaulty. Now what will be done next year I don't know but I do know we will be in match next year and I am pretty sure still our interviews will be given based on who we personally know and can trust to rank us - since we still won't be sponsoring a visa next year.

@drsthethoscope, I am fine thanks. I got a couple of IVs this year in IM, FM. I did get good feedback from 2places...Hoping for the best!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »