Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prematch vs Waiting for the match - newbiev
Hey morris81: Could you elaborate why going into the match is not a good idea with lower scores. I lot of people tell me that once you have been invited for an interview, its level playing field.
cruzdoc and forever07: Thanks for contributing. I am not blindly gambling. I got great feedbacks from some programs that are lower down on the list. So i am taking a calculated risk. I am in no way prepared to go unmatched.
not blindly gambling = calculated risk = weighing pros/cons... call it whatever you want.

It's going to be a long 2 months until you find out whether or not you matched, plenty of second guessing and anxiety filled moments in between.

Some people might find it exhilarating, I think it's aggravation you can do without. But since you already turned down the prematch, you have no other choice but to go on ahead and hope for the best.

I hope at the end of the march u update this thread as it will be great resource for pple in the future

*match
Hey nrmp 2012, i agree, and thanks for the suggestion, i will remember to do it.
Dude .... Listen to your gut feeling in your situation .....
You already turned down the pm offer? Then nothing to discuss.

It all depends whether you could handle it if unmatched this year.

Your choice, your risk.
Well I understand your feeling, same thing happened to me last year, I really like one program, I believed in whatever they said to me during my interview. They told me they will rank me high, and I also did, but I did not match last year.

I went this program this year again, I still like it. Let's see how things go. Just want to share our experience in case it can be of help for others.
Good luck all.
forever 07 thanks for sharing your experience, if you dont mind me asking, how many iv s did you have last year ?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »