Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
took step 1 today! - willpassstep1
if you memorize the hell out of pharm and do all uworld pharm q's that's good enough...you might get every pharm q right on the exam...well close enough...
Congratulations on being done! Great post, thank you for sharing!
I wish you all the best!! : )
all the best.. and thanks a lot for the honest advice..l definitely neede the feedback..
question.. may sound silly but.. when u meant analys every nbme questions..I was about to ask friends for
offlline nbmes.. so that I get enough time with each question and repeat them at my convenience..
do u suggest that as a recent exam taker...?
or just strongly suggest online nbme..
Whoaa!! This is a kick ass post
Congratulations & GL
Great post and great way of looking at life. Thanks for sharing and good luck to you!
@willpassstep1 thanks for the reply and it definitely makes sense. I wish you the best of luck in future. Kick step 2 and 3's ass.

uuugh they know what we don't know... so the exam writers wanna get us on anatomy, which they all know isn't strongly covered in FA (or quickly forgotten after 1st year) uuugh, so annoying.

What resources to *quickly* review anatomy?
@akmjid you deff need to do online nbme's. however, if money is low (life of a med student) i would do perhaps nbme 7, 15, 16 ONLINE and then you could do the rest offline. And go through every question. I went over even my right answers.

So basically what I"m saying is...i did online nbme 7 for instance. I reviewed all my wrong answers. I also had an offline nbme 7 so i could look through the questions I got right. (sometimes you get questions right for the wrong reasons). did that help?

@saramle Thanks Sara i try to be cool sometimes lol Wink

@penelope thanks! and good luck to you

@bluesbadblood thanks pal! I really appreciate it..means a lot.

@usmleprepgal...i guess we gotta beat them at their own game Wink more interesting that way eh?
@akmjid also i must add..taking online nbme's i was able to learn how to keep my anxiety down. I don't necessarily have an "anxiety issue" but you know what i mean...we are all nervous . You could also learn how to pace yourself. And know what to eat. For example:

I use to drink coffee all the time...but when I take an nbme and drink morning cup of coffee i realize that I was super nervous and it was really hard to concentrate. Obviously dont stop drinking coffee the day of your exam (that would be silly, right Smile ) But i had enough time to stop drinking coffee weeks before the exam. Endurance, anxiety control, and confidence is key!
Thanks a million willpassstep1..
I got the point now about how to go about with nbme's..
and you are right about diet habits specially coffee..and anxiety..
I took my step 1july 2014 and got 180 score..failed!
mistakes-did not take nbme at all..biggest mistake.. just did uw multiple times..

the day of exam when I took my first block n went on break to use washroom,
I twisted my ankle..I guess I was very anxious..n it totally deviated my attention from 100%towads exam to fresh pain in ankle..
Took a very long break to come out of depression..
now back with books..I know I can do it.. this time.. with nbmes and minus the anxiety..
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »